Three New Indoor Venues This Month. Any input on how the sight & sound will be?

2 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

one being the the security hoops the Ga. World Congress Center Police made the bands jump through just to get inside were atrocious. 

They had those security checks the last time the band I teach went to Atlanta in 2016. It was ridiculous. The guidelines we were given by BOA ahead of time had all this stuff about how the students have to place their instrument on the ground and then step 3 feet to the side and take off their uniform top to be checked with a metal detector, which is not easy to do quickly with some modern uniforms. As it turns out we got there and the security people did absolutely nothing beyond a quick visual check as they walked by, no metal detectors, nothing. So of course we got there like 20 minutes before our gate time for nothing after walking over from the warmup area that was about a mile away. Always nice to have your biggest performance of the season when it's been over 30 minutes since the kids have played. They also said they would have friggin bomb sniffing dogs checking props, seriously, and of course that turned out to be false as well.

Edited by Beckham

2 minutes ago, Beckham said:

They had those security checks the last time the band I teach went to Atlanta in 2016. It was ridiculous. The guidelines we were given by BOA ahead of time had all this stuff about how the students have to place their instrument on the ground and then step 3 feet to the side and take off their uniform top to be checked with a metal detector, which is not easy to do quickly with some modern uniforms. As it turns out we got there and the security people did absolutely nothing beyond a quick visual check as they walked by, no metal detectors, nothing. So of course we got there like 20 minutes before our gate time for nothing after walking over from the warmup area that was about a mile away. Always nice to have your biggest performance of the season when it's been over 30 minutes since the kids have played. They also said they would have friggin bomb sniffing dogs checking props, seriously, and of course that turned out to be false as well.

No one enjoys this but unfortunately, this is the world we live in.  I would expect that a lot more venues are going to require this level of security in the future.  I’m shocked that there isn’t a clear bag policy in Indy.  The Alamodome has a strict clear bag policy.