Three New Indoor Venues This Month. Any input on how the sight & sound will be?

TCF Bank Stadium, The Dome at America's Center, & Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Will any of them match the acoustics of The Alamodome? I think the higher seating area along the back of the Alamodome does wonders for the sound.

Glad the old dome in Atlanta is gone. The red seats coming down that low to the field played havoic on my video rendering at home.

Also being there live or watching on FLO can make a particular venue can sound better or worse and can flip flop sounds better on FLO than live in some cases and the opposite for other venues although you can't really reproduce the sight & sound of being there..

word is the new Atlanta isnt good

• Like 1

TCF is not a dome. It is an open-air stadium on the campus of UMN. DCI has been there for a number of years now.

Thought that seeing all the built out infrastructure around the seating area like Lucas Oil.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

word is the new Atlanta isnt good

I was there for the Georgia Tech/Tennessee football game last year, and the acoustics for the marching bands were simply awful. Shortly after that, there was a public outcry by concertgoers that went to a Garth Brooks concert. I have no idea if they'll do the "big black dampening curtain" that is used in Lucas Oil...OR...if they'll try to open the roof. But I'm definitely concerned...so concerned that I have tickets on the 50, because there's no way I'm missing my son and the Cavaliers while he's in town, along with all these other fine corps. 

• Like 2

Didn't know that about TCF, thanks. Thought that was the new Vikings dome.

Nothing like seeing your son or daughter march DCI cherish it my friend, those times pass by quick. Good luck to your son and all the other participants. Maybe there should be a tread on where the best place to sit is with amplification. Some corps are bringing the amps closer to the fifty, Bluecoats have one on the fifty and others on the 43 to name a few. We like to sit down low for best sound but that may be changing.

The old dome in Atlanta had what I though were the best acoustics of any indoor facility in DCI. The new one was built to maximize crowd noise, a common design decision for new NFL stadiums. It's likely going to be all kinds of awful. It will, however, be cool and dry.

• Like 1

I've been attending BOA events for the past 10 years at the Dome in St Louis.  I find the acoustics to be good ... I've sat everywhere from the first row to the press box on level 6 (in the rafters) ... definitely better sound compared with Lucas Oil.  Visually, I find the stands to be somewhat flat, so if you are higher up, you are a ways from the field.

Also, the place was dirty for the BOA Super Regional last year ... the seats were covered in dust since they had not be used in quite a while.  Not sure if that will be an issue next week.

3 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

I've been attending BOA events for the past 10 years at the Dome in St Louis.  I find the acoustics to be good ... I've sat everywhere from the first row to the press box on level 6 (in the rafters) ... definitely better sound compared with Lucas Oil.  Visually, I find the stands to be somewhat flat, so if you are higher up, you are a ways from the field.

Also, the place was dirty for the BOA Super Regional last year ... the seats were covered in dust since they had not be used in quite a while.  Not sure if that will be an issue next week.

I guess I’ll bring a bag of disinfectant wipes to clean my seat. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4