Belton, TX - July 19, 2018

just now, brassboy said:

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Either the mics are off or something cause the noise from the vocalists didn't really come through.  The battery sounded great though.  Might be a 'Flo v. Live" issue.

I'm hearing the vocalists fine. They're only coming out of the right speaker though. I wish they had better quality mics for them though. Their vocalists are actually quite good.

I’m only getting the lead vocalist at a given time even when they have backups

posted from the DrumScorps app

1 minute ago, MelloNell said:

If they are going to have singers, (which I don’t mind) thank you for having live singers.  

I don't really care if vocals are live or pre-recorded, just as long as they sound good. For me, in an activity that is largely centered around perfecting the audio aspect of a show, there are few things more distracting to me than hearing a vocalist who (bless their heart) sounds like a mediocre entry in a school talent show. 

Big yellow flags for a big Mello hit!  That's a nice closing number although I suspect it'll end differently by Michigan City. 

• Like 1

This announcer.  Is being very careful to.  Announce everything on.  The script.  

But does no in a way.  That has odd pauses and.  Not much enthusiasm.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice job from Guardians. But I have the same concern with their show as I did with Crown last year--at some point, their whole show shifted focus (for me) to the vocalists, turning the entire music ensemble into nothing but background. I barely remember anything they played because I was paying more attention to the vocalists. I suppose it's debatable if that's a good thing or not, but for me it's not what I want in a drum corps show.

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

I don't really care if vocals are live or pre-recorded, just as long as they sound good. For me, in an activity that is largely centered around perfecting the audio aspect of a show, there are few things more distracting to me than hearing a vocalist who (bless their heart) sounds like a mediocre entry in a school talent show. 

My thought is that if they can use all prerecorded vocalist because they can’t find singers, then they shouldn’t use them.  Why not prerecorded brass soloist?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

This announcer.  Is being very careful to.  Announce everything on.  The script.  

But does no in a way.  That has odd pauses and.  Not much enthusiasm.  

That, plus I think he's being wary of the microphone cutting in and out.

Just now, MelloNell said:

My thought is that if they can use all prerecorded vocalist because they can’t find singers, then they shouldn’t use them.  Why not prerecorded brass soloist?

We've had this debate over and over again on DCP. I still insist it's not a slippery slope. Not even close.

Just now, brassboy said:

That, plus I think he's being wary of the microphone cutting in and out.

That could be as well.  The festival market place to buy audio and video products sounded less fun than the farmer's market though...

• Like 1

"Here be dragons". Pioneer takes the field.  With headgear!

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1