Most Missed HOF

6 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

May not be a popular opinion, but I always found the Muchachos to be a little overrated. Yes, unique and very distinguishable from other corps at that time and I'd agree, even played an exciting book. But with execution the name of the game then, they just didn't blow me away. Perhaps it's just the mystique of the 1975 controversy that provides them legend status. 

I think that's a part of it. Watching their Hershey performance on YouTube...they certainly weren't bad- then again... having one of the lead sopranos with a Master's in trumpet performance didn't hurt! This told to me by a former member... :innocent:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I have never really looked for it, but are there recordings out there of the Muchachos from 1975?

DCW has some regular season stuff...I think World Open

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:33 AM, tesmusic said:

I have never really looked for it, but are there recordings out there of the Muchachos from 1975?

Video online from their Hershey PA performance after they got DQ'ed if one does a little look on YT, last I remember.

All of them, really, but if I had to choose, I’d have to say Sky Ryders. I’m biased, of course, as that’s where I marched my first season in DCI, in ‘91. I thought we had a pretty fun and entertaining story-telling show that year, which was what the corps was so well known for.

• Like 1