WGI & FloMarching

Watching Flo marching's coverage - the most cheerful show so far was about a dead dog

Really surprising to see so many drops and such sloppy work in the finalist guards so far...

Has WGI fallen off?

It could be cyclical. Sometimes, things just don't work as intended with design, seen it in DCI. I have a guess, George, when you hit the top 5 they'll be markedly better in regards to what you're seeing. Hoping I'm right!

Just now, BigW said:

It could be cyclical. Sometimes, things just don't work as intended with design, seen it in DCI. I have a guess, George, when you hit the top 5 they'll be markedly better in regards to what you're seeing. Hoping I'm right!

I imagine so - the group which just performed from NY easily had 20 drops and major miscues - I'm sure the performers are disappointed in how it went

some of these younger groups the moment gets a little too big for them

Nerves, the pressure knock out format especially when a group is on that bubble... I can sympathize and respect anyone who manages to grind it to finals. I also have a guess that some groups leave their best performances behind in one of the previous rounds.

Things took a big step up with Flanagan HS from FL - a show developed around Mr Rogers - great choreography which was well designed for the level of the performers 

Norwin featured a live soloist singer wailing unhappily throughout their program. I like it about as much as I like it in DCI

Lyman featured a sultry version of Downside Up - but set it to Sade music. Good program.

Edited by George Dixon

I enjoyed West Broward's rock'n'roll show. But wow Avon just blew me away