DCA-O-Rama This Weekend

There’s an old saying something like this . . .

” Sometimes you can’t appreciate the value of something until it’s gone.”

All the best, Fran.  You’ve been good for DCA !

:worthy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Walked away early 90s from everything (well no social media helped). After one summer of “its Labor Day I’m usually at...” never looked back much. Ten years later noticed the Gettysburg show on social media and went back

Of course getting married, getting first house and getting sucked into 6 years of church council helped kill the time. 🙄

For years, I'd usually take the Friday and Tuesday around Labor Day weekend off... sometimes Thursday, depending on where the championship was held.

I'd tell my co-workers "see you next week... off to drum corps fantasy camp!!!" :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

There’s an old saying something like this . . .

” Sometimes you can’t appreciate the value of something until it’s gone.”

All the best, Fran.  You’ve been good for DCA !

:worthy:

Thank you, Fred. Much appreciated.

If it wasn't for you and Mickey Petrone taking a chance on me in 1983, I might never have gotten off the ground. 

I'll never forget you for that. Of course, there are some folks who may never forgive you for that!!! :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really, really, REALLLLLYYYYYY looking forward to seeing what CV can put out there from a score standpoint. As an alum, I love my corps and want them to perform well. But on a purely selfish note, I most of all would like them to take the whole #### thing. 

• Like 1

Weather looks good at both show sites tonight.

No rain... and cool temps. Heck, in Seymour it looks like it actually might get a bit chilly tonight.

Could be a whole lot worse for this time in August.

Edited by Fran Haring

19 hours ago, VOReason said:

And dumber yet...only two corps at the Southern “Showdown” (sic).  But hey, who knows?  Perhaps CV will use the last score of the season, to post the high score of the season!

Much cheaper to bring judges down than to spend the travel money and travel up East two weekends in a row.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VOReason said:

And dumber yet...only two corps at the Southern “Showdown” (sic).  But hey, who knows?  Perhaps CV will use the last score of the season, to post the high score of the season!

Heck...one more corps than at two previous DCA shows.  LOL.

I agree with you about the CV thing... they might have an opportunity here.  We shall see.

I'll try to phrase this delicately...:innocent: ... but last year at the Seymour show, the venue had the foulest-smelling porta-potties in the history of the world. :laughing: Not only was that ride closed... it never should have opened. LOL

Honest to God, you could....uhhhh.. sense their presence from a good distance away. Not kidding here.

I sure hope, for the sake of the fans and performers, that issue has been addressed. 

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I'll try to phrase this delicately...:innocent: ... but last year at the Seymour show, the venue had the foulest-smelling porta-potties in the history of the world. :laughing: Not only was that ride closed... it never should have opened. LOL

Honest to God, you could....uhhhh.. sense their presence from a good distance away. Not kidding here.

I sure hope, for the sake of the fans and performers, that issue has been addressed. 

Nope. Still that bad.

OTOH, all three DCA corps did a phenomenal job tonight. So much better than when I last saw them three weeks ago. And Cabs, for one, were already very good then. 

And, if anybody at Wiiliamsport next week who's been following DCA for a while sees Cabs and is not crying at the new ending, they have no heart whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Nope. Still that bad.

OTOH, all three DCA corps did a phenomenal job tonight. So much better than when I last saw them three weeks ago. And Cabs, for one, were already very good then. 

And, if anybody at Wiiliamsport next week who's been following DCA for a while sees Cabs and is not crying at the new ending, they have no heart whatsoever. 

I hear ya about the ending. A very nice touch. Cabs are really ramping it up this summer.

And what the #### is the deal with those porta-potties???? :tongue: