DCA-O-Rama This Weekend

Very successful show for Hurcs. I'm told there were over 2,000 tix sold. Between the full bleachers, the three or four deep standing room at the top, and those walking around socializing, I believe it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Heck...one more corps than at two previous DCA shows.  LOL.

I agree with you about the CV thing... they might have an opportunity here.  We shall see.

rumor floating around tonight that every sheet is doubled next weekend. like same faces both days. that's gonna make for a very full press box

1 hour ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Very successful show for Hurcs. I'm told there were over 2,000 tix sold. Between the full bleachers, the three or four deep standing room at the top, and those walking around socializing, I believe it!

so, more than finals

6 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

That's good news!  I remember they had a pretty good crowd last year, too.

16 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I'm really, really, REALLLLLYYYYYY looking forward to seeing what CV can put out there from a score standpoint. As an alum, I love my corps and want them to perform well. But on a purely selfish note, I most of all would like them to take the whole #### thing. 

Educated guess they're in the neighborhood at the top barring some disaster. Should be interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Educated guess they're in the neighborhood at the top barring some disaster. Should be interesting.

I would hope so. Last year, they hit a 91.950 at the Southern Showdown. That show had a lot of "cool factor" to it but it also had some moments that didn't quite translate until a week later. I want to get a hold of a DCA Excel spreadsheet for my own tracking of captions etc. I guess I could build one, but that would require doing stuff that's almost like work on a weekend. 

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

rumor floating around tonight that every sheet is doubled next weekend. like same faces both days. that's gonna make for a very full press box

Yes, I believe, with one exception, same green shirt crew both days next weekend.

38 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Yes, I believe, with one exception, same green shirt crew both days next weekend.

So every caption is doubled, not just the GE’s?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

So every caption is doubled, not just the GE’s?

Beats me - Above my pay grade :tongue: . I just know it's the same personnel both days, except for one.

7 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I would hope so. Last year, they hit a 91.950 at the Southern Showdown. That show had a lot of "cool factor" to it but it also had some moments that didn't quite translate until a week later. I want to get a hold of a DCA Excel spreadsheet for my own tracking of captions etc. I guess I could build one, but that would require doing stuff that's almost like work on a weekend. 

"Chaos Theory" was my favorite show from last year. Thought they were 2nd. I like Klarfeld's books. The only thing I had issues with was the final narrative. I really don't know if it was needed. Struck me as a bit of a chink in the armor.

• Like 1