a bit of battery at pro NHL/NFL games

I watch about 4 NHL games per week and I've been noticing with MN Wild there is a really nice sounding battery laying down some nice beats during breaks in the play - I'm not sure how large the line is - it sounds like 2 or 3 snares and a tenor --

Have other sports fans noticed this recent drumline trend? I've seen it for Vikings games too --

It's a big thing at the G-League team in my home town of Ft. Wayne.   They did a Pacers game on invite recently and word is the Pacers are gonna add one now too.  The Mad Ants line is 5 snares, three tenors, three basses and a set I think.  

Las Vegas Knights also have a drumline...

11 hours ago, gak27 said:

Las Vegas Knights also have a drumline...

They had a whole Cirque de Soleil show last time I caught a game of theirs.

Sorry (not sorry) they don't have a Stanely Cup for that though.

Last I knew, all 32 NFL teams had a musical group attached to them be it "pep band" or just a battery drumline. Not all may be professional entertainment groups.

There are also a few NBA teams that them and at least one MLB team. NHL isn't listed anywhere that I can find. 

I know a bunch of cats from the former Falcons drumline. Most of the folks that I knew were former musicians from WGI / DCI who wanted a paying gig during the football season to supplement their work with the high schools and such. The Falcons now use local high school lines around Mercedes Benz stadium. It's probably a cost cutting measure for them as it started as soon as the Falcons moved stadiums. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever