Warning! - UnAuthorized FloMarching Subscription Charges

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Indonesia?  😂  

2 tickets first class.... I was hoping they would try to use them and get arrested at the airport. But supposedly ways to cancel and get (my) money back without being in person.👎

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

2 tickets first class.... I was hoping they would try to use them and get arrested at the airport. But supposedly ways to cancel and get (my) money back without being in person.👎

My experience with credit card fraud is that the banks really don't do much investigating.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

My experience with credit card fraud is that the banks really don't do much investigating.  

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

You might be right. Recently one of my cards had several chipotle charges..one after the other...for about 3 weeks...stupid HUH.. well the card company just sent me a new card with a new number. They said Chipotle was the highest among CC incidents. I asked if they were going after them, it was so obvious, they said NAW!. I was a bit shocked

Just now, GUARDLING said:

You might be right. Recently one of my cards had several chipotle charges..one after the other...for about 3 weeks...stupid HUH.. well the card company just sent me a new card with a new number. They said Chipotle was the highest among CC incidents. I asked if they were going after them, it was so obvious, they said NAW!. I was a bit shocked

My card was stolen and used in a jewelry store to buy expensive trinkets....15 minutes after it was stolen. 

The bank was only interested in me signing an affidavit before giving me a replacement card.   I started asking questions as to what they were going to do to investigate it (jewelry stores almost always have a lot of cameras).  They weren't interested in my questions. 

I went to the local police to report it as it was apparently associated with a local gang and I wanted the incident recorded.  The policeman I spoke to looked at a map of the city and put a thumb tack over the place where my card was stolen.  He then replied that no report would be written and "if they got my card back they would call me to come get it."

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

My card was stolen and used in a jewelry store to buy expensive trinkets....15 minutes after it was stolen. 

The bank was only interested in me signing an affidavit before giving me a replacement card.   I started asking questions as to what they were going to do to investigate it (jewelry stores almost always have a lot of cameras).  They weren't interested in my questions. 

I went to the local police to report it as it was apparently associated with a local gang and I wanted the incident recorded.  The policeman I spoke to looked at a map of the city and put a thumb tack over the place where my card was stolen.  He then replied that no report would be written and "if they got my card back they would call me to come get it."

WOW.. my wasn't stolen, don't know how they get the # which was disturbing

1 minute ago, Continental said:

Do you use your card at the gas station.  We had one station near work that had compromised card readers.  Distract the clerk and do the old switcheroo.    

I might have. Don't think I did with that card but could have'. Would make sense .

6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I might have. Don't think I did with that card but could have'. Would make sense .

There have been incidents when a card reader has been inserted into an ATM slot.  You slide your card into the ATM not knowing that it's going through a reader as it gets into the machine.  A very small camera then watches you put in your pin #.  

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

There have been incidents when a card reader has been inserted into an ATM slot.  You slide your card into the ATM not knowing that it's going through a reader as it gets into the machine.  A very small camera then watches you put in your pin #.  

They are smart thats for sure.. evil but smart

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

WOW.. my wasn't stolen, don't know how they get the # which was disturbing

Same as what happened to me. Best guess was I used it some place and that place got hacked. Credit Union that issued the card was mainly interested in the signed statement that I didn’t do it so they could recover from the travel agency where the tickets were issued from. CUs Rep said probably someone at the travel agency was involved with the theft and they would file a report with the appropriate fraud watch agency. Could have been an overseas travel agency I don’t know

• Sad 1