No scores, and I kinda like it...

Another wild card though is going to be age outs.  I look at Bloo and BAC and Cavies and wonder how many of those are 2020 and 2021 age outs who came back for this year's shows.  In contrast, I look at PR and Madison and even Cadets and you see some pretty young looking members.

BD, SCV, and Crown will have no trouble recruiting of course.  But they'll have a lot of 'first timers' to their corps cultures.

This probably goes for Bloo, BAC, and Cavies, although the turn around from this year to next year will mean a lot of 'first timers' in sections with those corps as well. 

PR, Cadets, Madison, troop, BK, BS, Mandarins, Crossmen, SOA, etc. are playing a different game in some regard as this years members seem to have a lot of young ones and each are playing to their traditions and distinctions in pretty strong ways.  So the hope there is to retain those young folks and perhaps have less turnover.

This said, the modern marchers are pretty adaptable and skills transfer from on corps style and culture to another without much trouble.  So it won't be a big shake up, if a shake up at all. 

But the potential for movement in the 6-15 band is probably pretty strong. i.e. Madison jumping up would not surprise me.  Cadets making the 'big 6' a definite 'big 7' would also not surprise me. PR making a jump would not surprise met. Troop pushing back to finals would not surprise me.

of course they can't all make the jumps in standings at the same time. Ordinals are ordinals. But when there's competition again, its gonna be super competitive most likely!

And that means great shows for the members and fans!

Seemingly, most of the feedback I've seen this year, even on DCP, has been overwhelmingly positive. This isn't always the case. I wonder if removing the scores from the equation kind of softened people on criticisms, or if it is genuinely a quality year. Or the pandemic, which really could have taken the entire activity from us and people are simply relieved that there is drum corps to see. I personally think it's a mix of all three.

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Seemingly, most of the feedback I've seen this year, even on DCP, has been overwhelmingly positive. This isn't always the case. I wonder if removing the scores from the equation kind of softened people on criticisms, or if it is genuinely a quality year. Or the pandemic, which really could have taken the entire activity from us and people are simply relieved that there is drum corps to see. I personally think it's a mix of all three.

Agreed. The thirst for drum corps after a long drought eased the regurgitation of the beverage. Hey, that was pretty profound. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, Continental said:

Maybe it will be another season where Phantom pulls up from behind and slips by BD....

I am ok with this happening again like 08.......as long as BD comes back and dominates back to back years again like 09-10.