Saturday Aug. 14 - DCI Celebration - The last dance

The kids pulled over for interviews have guts.  My introverted self loved performing on the field but I would be wigged out to have my voice amped through the stadium.  

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

I really miss the days of carefully crafted show announcements that would at least give the audience a bit of a clue as to what the show of the next unit was about --

Music City -- good show -- but what was that about? Show title: Circuloso -- 

Circles.  I presume.  The show sort of circles back on itself too.  

Just now, ShortyRock said:

Corps have been great all weekend!  Now if we could just educate the fans not to walk to seats or stand at top of stairs during performances....  Been an issue all weekend.  😞

Been an issue always.  

I went to a live show at Annapolis at USNA's stadium and because the friend we were waiting on had the physical tickets, we didn't get to the back of our stands seat until the first corps was on.  We stood at the well along with a lot of others to wait for the break in performances but there were actually people pushing through those waiting with the intention of getting to their seats during a corps' show.  Ushers stopped them cold though.

Oh butterfly chimes in the pit!  Best thing since SCV's water bird calls for Force of Nature.  

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Been an issue always.  

I went to a live show at Annapolis at USNA's stadium and because the friend we were waiting on had the physical tickets, we didn't get to the back of our stands seat until the first corps was on.  We stood at the well along with a lot of others to wait for the break in performances but there were actually people pushing through those waiting with the intention of getting to their seats during a corps' show.  Ushers stopped them cold though.

They usually do that at Indy but maybe not this year.  🤷‍♀️

We're ready for Oz, Genesis!  In all the incarnations you tap on for it!

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

They usually do that at Indy but maybe not this year.  🤷‍♀️

Ushers at USNA looked to be USNA folks who run the stadium.  They were not to be trifled with.  There was a woman who stood all of like 5'3" but could probably have taken out 6 guys right there if she needed to.

• Haha 1

The Dorthy inspired guard outfits are clever.