I need to learn about penalties (for science)

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

It’s a shame about the live animals causing penalties. With the use of props today, a show based on Verdi’s “Aida” with live elephants for the Triumphal March would be amazing. Or imagine someone recreating Star or Bridgemen’s circus shows with live dancing bears and lion tamers. The PETA protests would give DCI free publicity. It would be great.🙂  

I’m sure that bear costume from VK is available. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sensioto said:

I don't know what this is at all but count me intrigued 🤣

So what you are witnessing was Lee's attempt to get the lowest score in history. If I remember correctly, the final score was a -103. Terri can check my math LOL. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

So what you are witnessing was Lee's attempt to get the lowest score in history. If I remember correctly, the final score was a -103. Terri can check my math LOL. 

Lot of too many members penalties for a mini corps competition. Limit was 21 playing members and CF had around 100(?).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think it aggravated some of the more serious groups in DCA, tbh.  At least, that was my take from people I knew in other corps.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tim K said:

It’s a shame about the live animals causing penalties. With the use of props today, a show based on Verdi’s “Aida” with live elephants for the Triumphal March would be amazing. Or imagine someone recreating Star or Bridgemen’s circus shows with live dancing bears and lion tamers. The PETA protests would give DCI free publicity. It would be great.🙂  

My old Sr corps did the doves don’t fly at night mistake year after I got out. Held up DCA Finals until the feather rats were gathered up. Everyone else laughing and I’m thinking they’re gonna get a penalty and miss 5th place (first time in corps history). 😱

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

My old Sr corps did the doves don’t fly at night mistake year after I got out. Held up DCA Finals until the feather rays were gathered up. Everyone else laughing and I’m thinking they’re gonna get a penalty and miss 5th place (first time in corps history). 😱

Didn’t Skyryders so that one year? I wasn’t there but a friend of mine said he covered his head because he was worried they’d take a dump on him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think it aggravated some of the more serious groups in DCA, tbh.  At least, that was my take from people I knew in other corps.  

Wasn’t there but DCA was trying to build the I&E and Mini corps Friday night part of DCA weekend. Heard some people thought it made a mockery of something nice that had a chance to grow.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

If there are large animals, I do NOT want to be marching the slot after that corps. You can't see what's right at your feet when you have tubs strapped to your back and I don't want to have to burn a pair of shoes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lot of too many members penalties for a mini corps competition. Limit was 21 playing members and CF had around 100(?).

LOL. Yep. Renegades + Mini-Corps = NOT a Mini-Corps