Marching Band Retaliates

I just wanna point at the bass drummer goes from playing at standard volume to playing full out "inflatable flappy arm guy" volume as soon as the guy lifts the garbage can. You may not be able to play lasers with one bass drum, but you can still beat the *&%^& out of it. I guess the garbage can technically broke ranks?

• Haha 2

Yah.  As I suspected.  This isn't a 'parade' in our sense of parades.  It's a Northern Ireland marching season walk.  The Unionists (Protestants) will suit up and march parades through neighborhoods of Republicans (Catholics) with the express intent of provoking them.  Hence the guy flying the Irish Republic's tricolor and the red uniforms of the marchers.

It's less parade marshals and probably more 'officers' (if not actual police) attempting to keep the marching moving without undue violence breaking out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Yah.  As I suspected.  This isn't a 'parade' in our sense of parades.  It's a Northern Ireland marching season walk.  The Unionists (Protestants) will suit up and march parades through neighborhoods of Republicans (Catholics) with the express intent of provoking them.  Hence the guy flying the Irish Republic's tricolor and the red uniforms of the marchers.

It's less parade marshals and probably more 'officers' (if not actual police) attempting to keep the marching moving without undue violence breaking out.

Some of the drum majors I've know through the years would have led the attack & wanted to "kick some ###".  :spitting:

• Haha 2

Oh I know. But this isn't "just band people being feisty with people being unruly at a parade" this is is a political thing that has often provoked sectarian violence.  It's "spoiling for a fight and going to make one."  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Remember being at Baltimore St Patrick’s parade and talking to some Yankee Rebels. Their colors where white and orange. As one guy said “it takes balls to wear orange on St Patrick’s Day”.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Remember being at Baltimore St Patrick’s parade and talking to some Yankee Rebels. Their colors where white and orange. As one guy said “it takes balls to wear orange on St Patrick’s Day”.

You’d not do that in Southie up in Boston without some trouble too. 

• Like 1