Monday, July 18 “Brass Impact” College Boulevard Activity Center Olathe North West High School Olathe, KANSAS

4 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:
1 Blue Stars 82.200
2 Phantom Regiment 80.450
2 The Cavaliers 80.450
4 Colts 77.400
5 Madison Scouts 73.750

https://www.dci.org/scores/final-scores/2022-brass-impact

I guess it's a sign of the times.

Two weeks without feedback from judges, holes during rehearsals, and the inability to make necessary show adjustments have had a big impact on the Cavaliers. The Blue Stars were closing the gap on them before Covid hit, so it is not inconceivable they would be neck and neck with the Stars, but this result is a tough one for them. I am glad they are back and no doubt we see their scores climb fast, but that is a big gap to attempt to close in less than four weeks.

• Like 6

Good news for Cavies, still first in a lot of the content areas. Just need to gel again. They’ll be fine. This will make every head to head from 6-10 insane now though. This is going to be so much fun to watch for the next couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Two weeks without feedback from judges, holes during rehearsals, and the inability to make necessary show adjustments have had a big impact on the Cavaliers. The Blue Stars were closing the gap on them before Covid hit, so it is not inconceivable they would be neck and neck with the Stars, but this result is a tough one for them. I am glad they are back and no doubt we see their scores climb fast, but that is a big gap to attempt to close in less than four weeks.

The recap is swinging wildly, though - one GE judge has them in 1st and the other 4th. So it will be quite a ride coming up.

• Like 3

11-14th spot is going to be a lot of fun to watch the rest of the season!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a recap ever be so all over the place. Even with a spread of 5 points between Stars and Colts, Colts pulled a 1 on a sub caption. Wonder how things will play out for these groups. Blue Stars have a great lead, but we clearly have some mixed opinions.

• Like 1

Just now, NakedEye said:

The recap is swinging wildly, though - one GE judge has them in 1st and the other 4th. So it will be quite a ride coming up.

Blue Stars were first in overall GE, Visual, and Music. They should feel good about that. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I saw that too. Are both judges evaluating the same thing, or is one GE Music, and other GE Visual, or something like that?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra