Monday July 25 ... “DCI Mesquite” … Mesquite Memorial Stadium Mesquite, TEXAS

Just now, squarepush said:

Troopers drumline….aggressive! 🔥 

The whole corps seams more aggressive this year! 🥳

• Like 1

I could watch this Troopers show on a loop. It would be fantastic if they made it to Saturday Night in Indy.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Percussion guy but I think there’s more copper, etc which creates a darker tone that the silver.  I studied it in a class years ago & I’ve toured the Conn Selmer plant.  

My sax was definitely a relacquer job though.  There were spots under the pads and internally where you could see the original tone. And the stamp mark for the Mark 7 serial was 'faded.'   It has a lovely rich and somewhat unique sound to it though which served me well in concert band and orchestra without making the usual stickout even a tenor sax can have some times.  A classmate got different Mark 7 and it was a mottled green after all the years but still had the bright sound.  We took lessons from the same teacher and she wanted to get it relacquered and he was dead set against it pointing to the tone change of my horn.  But frankly my horn was lovely for some of the concerns solos we selected for going to State with.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

I am such a fan of this Troopers show! Love Ecstasy of Gold. Love the whole vibe. And visually it is so effective. Great job Troopers!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, squarepush said:

Troopers drumline….aggressive! 🔥 

The whole show is very aggro for the closer!  I love it. 

• Like 2

I think they need a tarp under the oil rig to cover up whatever logo is present.