Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

HAHA cracking up at that song choice, good on Crown.  

YEAH. Crown must have searched my phone tonight.

• Haha 5

Not a chance in a MILLION years would I have guessed to hear USHER in DCI. I love it

Edited by ediblewaffles
  • Like 2

Just now, Hirsbrunner said:

I’m just saying, the source material has the sax playing one particular riff at least an octave higher than they’ve written it. 

Feels like a missed opportunity when the corps is known to have great screamers (they’re doing plenty of great work throughout the show though). 

I get it.  But man, you almost lose the effect if you do it through the entire show.  I love when it's only once or twice and then it's a wow!  

9 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Same with me. At the beginning of the season I only liked Vanguard, Bluecoats and Crown and thought I'd be only watching them for the rest of the season. Tonight, I watched the show from the start and will stay to the end. I think 2015 finals was the last time I did that. 

I was ready to be disappointed by the top 12 and beyond this season. some of my early season posts spoke to my skepticism, but it’s looking to be a fantastic year for DCI, great return to competitive action and the MM’s are taking full advantage!

• Like 2

Just now, CAtenhut said:

BD is struggling with consistency? They've won every show this year. 

Uh, yes they are. Young group of performers. Soloists have had some really off nights. Lots more ensemble tears in several shows. You can tell that it’s a young group. They’re not consistent. They’re incredible, but compared to the consistency we’ve seen from BD over the years, they’re all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, I’m a huge BD fan and they’re my absolute favorites… but I’m calling what I see/hear.