Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Not sure about the decision to paint one side of BK's blue dots. Glimpses of the painted side early in the show are messy. 

4 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Oil guy bludgeons a dude to death with a bowling pin. 🤗 you’d love it, v family friendly

One of my favorite movies. I have the "I drink your milkshake" monologue memorized LOL "DRAAAIIIINNNAAAAGGGEEE"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

They’re just overwhelmed with people and they’re struggling to get food to people. Lines are insane. I would hate to be in their shoes this weekend 

Sounds similar to how bad it was in San Antonio. They ran out of mini pizzas and hot dogs for a good 20 minutes at one concession

Loving the ambition and strangeness of this tier of corps — you can tell they all want to move up, they’re all doing new and exciting things.  

Ok, BK really found some cleaning juice after they seemed to have been stalling mid-season. They made a STRONG statement today and don't want to lose that Finalist spot. But, so did Troop. BK still had more timing blips, phasing, and feet issues than I would care for....juxtaposed with really, REALLY solid moments. I still do not care for the design or pacing, especially the somewhat lackluster ending. It's not untouchable, but they are putting up quite a fight! I love to see it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I could tell at NightBeat that BK was getting there and they found something in the past week and a half. Looking pretty good right now

They've always been late season bloomers.  

• Like 2

With the Colts show, I guess I never really saw it as cultural appropriation. It's the silk road, east meets west. I figured the different cultures (clothing fabrics, patterns, fashions, silk patterns, lantern props) were what one would find along the way and take with them on the journey. That's what they were trying to go for, I think. Although I usually try not to speak for other people. I just didn't get tone deafness accusations with the concept. I've enjoyed this show very much all year.

Edited by squarepush

Just now, squarepush said:

With the Colts show, I guess I never really saw it as cultural appropriation. It's the silk road, east meets west. I figured the different cultures (clothing fabrics, patterns, fashions, silk patterns, lantern props) were what one would find along the way and take with them on the journey. That's what they were trying to go for, I think. Although I usually try not to speak for other people. I just didn't get tone deafness with the concept. I've enjoyed this show very much all year.

Someone in another thread way back mentioned something about their unis being offensive. Not sure what that was all about.