Anyone else going to a Big Loud and Live show?

I am! It's my first time listening to drum corps music in a movie theater and I am so excited. It definitely won't be the same as seeing it in person, but the theater speakers are gonna make it awesome. LET'S GO EVERY CORPS!!! You're all doing amazing this year. I'll be happy with anyone winning champs:babies:

• Like 2

Just going to Flo it- and then scramble to cancel right after 

• Like 2

The theater in DC downtown was pretty good the times I went.  Crowd tended to be older alums too so that was nice.  But my flakey immune system is still noping out on the idea of being indoors that long with unmasked people.  I'll be enjoying the show from home with a big screen TV and sound streaming into my hearing aids via bluetooth. Which frankly tends to end up sounding better than speakers through the microphone with them.  It's not like live of course but I'm not getting to Indy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Been going since 2015 and my last time going in 2019 was actually pretty good with the audio so I’m just hoping that the theater I’m going to provides a great experience! I’ll talk to the theater audio people first thing if it isn’t though haha

:spitting:That's basically most of my favorite years for DCI! Would have been awesome to hear in the theater.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

:spitting:That's basically most of my favorite years for DCI! Would have been awesome to hear in the theater.

What’s good about this year is despite there not being an “THIS IS IT!! ICONIC DCI title winning show” there’s gonna be so many good shows to watch throughout the entire broadcast, which you couldn’t always say for some of these recent years. Really looking forward to it all!

44 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I was going to just stay home and watch on Flo, but then I figured I'll be doing that Friday and Saturday. So yup... we're going to watch top 15 Prelims on the big screen tomorrow night. 

That’s what I would tell people sticking to Flo, although I know not everyone’s a fan of the movies, I’ve gone to both the tour premiere and prelims screening for years now and I enjoy it all the same! I could watch semis and finals as well with friends too, why not go to the movies?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

The theater in DC downtown was pretty good the times I went.  Crowd tended to be older alums too so that was nice.  But my flakey immune system is still noping out on the idea of being indoors that long with unmasked people.  I'll be enjoying the show from home with a big screen TV and sound streaming into my hearing aids via bluetooth. Which frankly tends to end up sounding better than speakers through the microphone with them.  It's not like live of course but I'm not getting to Indy.

I went to the first Classic Countdown in one of the VA suburbs; was sitting next to group of 20 or so that turned out to be the USMC D&BC.  So that was cool.  

• Like 1

I’ve gone to every one but one. A few times I’ve been “on the road” doing an art show, but was lucky enough to find a theater either in the show’s town or in a town within reasonable driving distance. Show setup was usually a Friday morning, so I would arrange my travel itinerary so as to be where there was a theater showing the event. Tomorrow I’ll be in Pleasant Hill, CA, the town next to Concord. Looking forward to a great time. Do it up, Devils!