Phantom Regiment 2023

8 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

It seems like the Mandarins perform less than PR, giving them more practice time. This could be to their advantage as the season winds down. Thoughts?

Isn’t a performance the same as or greater than practice ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Isn’t a performance the same as or greater than practice ?

I have to agree. Having been a director, nothing taught better than more performances. You need time to work on what they say, but the constant feedback is worth days of practicing what doesn’t earn you more points. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

I have to agree. Having been a director, nothing taught better than more performances. You need time to work on what they say, but the constant feedback is worth days of practicing what doesn’t earn you more points. 

Ok, makes sense. I just always believed multiple days of practice allow for adding, cleaning etc and usually results in improved scoring. 

Just now, regimentlvr said:

Ok, makes sense. I just always believed multiple days of practice allow for adding, cleaning etc and usually results in improved scoring. 

Gotcha, but real time feedback from those who are judging is really helpful getting closer to finals.

SUTA!

28 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

It seems like the Mandarins perform less than PR, giving them more practice time. This could be to their advantage as the season winds down. Thoughts?

Mandarins have been left out of the big shows like Broken Arrow/Murfreesboro because of their 10th place finish last year. But as long as they keep pace with what they are doing now, we will see them in those shows and a couple others next year. 

They did perform twice this week in McKinney and Monroe, just out of sight out of mind since those shows were not broadcasted on Flo. 

45 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Mandarins have been left out of the big shows like Broken Arrow/Murfreesboro because of their 10th place finish last year. But as long as they keep pace with what they are doing now, we will see them in those shows and a couple others next year. 

They did perform twice this week in McKinney and Monroe, just out of sight out of mind since those shows were not broadcasted on Flo. 

Didn’t even think about that, but yes, they will be at all the premier shows next year more than likely👀👀

for BD it didn’t necessarily equate to more shows during Broken Arrow/Texas Tour week. All they did was the Houston show and SA. I know this because they have skipped the DFW area for the past two years now🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

6 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Just watched Atlanta and it reminded me how much you’re missing not seeing it live like we did last night. Nothing compares. I hate showing friends a video and saying, “This is nothing like it is is live.” They’re always, like, yeah, right. 

Yeah there is…not sweating to death like I did at MTSU. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(Read this as if I posted this last night... it was a tough drive to the next housing site after my early day to drive to an alum's house to pick up more inventory Saturday Morning)

I was today years old when I noticed the drill spelling out "EXO" on the field from the 400 section. I have seen the show several times while also noticing that same drill but never recognizing that it spelled something... and, I am not the only one who discovered it since I pointed it out to several other staff and at least two recent age-outs (2019 and 2021)

• Like 1