Phantom Regiment 2023

1 hour ago, regimentlvr said:

Final comments before moving to the 2024 thread:

Can’t help but wish the staff would have continued to add to the show. It ultimately ran out of steam or imagination while the other shows continued to evolve. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the show immensely, but as I reflect on the season I find myself yearning for more of a late season push. 

It would appear that they were close to Mandarins in GE but lagged in performance captions. They're still in transition in design and education, so I bet those will improve next season - especially guard and percussion. But if top 6 is a goal, they'll need to increase some difficulty (e.g., there was not an especially big drill moment).

2 hours ago, regimentlvr said:

Final comments before moving to the 2024 thread:

Can’t help but wish the staff would have continued to add to the show. It ultimately ran out of steam or imagination while the other shows continued to evolve. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the show immensely, but as I reflect on the season I find myself yearning for more of a late season push. 

I really enjoyed this forum and chatting with all of you this year. Looking forward to more to come!

Glad you joined in the conversation 

7 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Who is going to get the 2024 thread started?

It’s already been started 

11 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

👍👍👍👍

I was hoping for more big splashes of color. Oh well, I’m not on staff.

Since the arrival of the tarps I saw them representing a space devoid of life. Was hoping during the first part of Rac as they entered and then left the space they would add color to it, as if life springing from the members. Then additional color would pop as the show continued. 
Loved the show, just...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, liamallen4741 said:

Um

That’s actually really good.  I might have to steal that.

Not a child of the 70s huh?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Not a child of the 70s huh?

What a unique take it was on Debussy. I don't honestly know if anyone could have taken a better approach to an electronic take on that piece. I don't think I got turned on to that album until the early 80s though.

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

What a unique take it was on Debussy. I don't honestly know if anyone could have taken a better approach to an electronic take on that piece. I don't think I got turned on to that album until the early 80s though.

Youngin’! LOL!

• Haha 1