Madison Scouts 2023

23 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I wouldn’t do that. I just wish they would pull off the band aid, flush this failed leadership team and rebuild it. Going coed was going to double the talent pool so of course they’re gonna get better !!  Remember that one?  I don’t care about coed, it’s just that this raison d’etere being sold on everyone turned out to be another load of BS. It’s like everything this regime has done has been a failure. So sad. 

That's the reason I would want BDB and Vanguard Cadets to beat them, because I would hope losing to a pair of cadet corps would have some action finally be taken.

8 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

That's the reason I would want BDB and Vanguard Cadets to beat them, because I would hope losing to a pair of cadet corps would have some action finally be taken.

You may still get your wish. 

I wouldn't count out Spartans and Gold just yet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Line Up for Saturday's Regional 

Atlanta CV - Atlanta, GA 

Heat Wave - Tampa Bay, FL 

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Music City - Nashville, TN

Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Troopers - Casper, WY 

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA 

Intermission (40 Minutes)

The Cadets - Erie, PA 

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL 

Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL 

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA 

Bluecoats - Canton, OH 

Blue Devils - Concord, CA 

Edited by Gantang
  • Sad 1

😯 

1 hour ago, bobjective said:

😯

Yep. Four hours before BD again. There needs to be an awakening in Madison. What is the worst that could happen if they change leadership? Or, does it even matter anymore? 

I haven’t really followed much of DCI since my beloved Scouts are just making me sad. But seeing clips of Cavies’ drum line made sick to my stomach. Looks like Cavies in a modern way, sounds like Cavies, performs like Cavies and competes at a high level (top-scoring drum line), they have that certain machismo and presence about them still that Scouts used to have. 
They apparently know the trick. Wondering why my Scouts haven’t figured it out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do they want to be a competitive finalist or just develop good leadership skills that some of these members can take to other corps?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobjective said:

Do they want to be a competitive finalist or just develop good leadership skills that some of these members can take to other corps?

I'm not sure. Hint: A\Before runs, are they still saying "you may take the field for a performance"? If so, the philosophy being sold to the members is that scores don't matter. If scores don't matter why the hell would I practice 8 hours in the Texas sun? The crowd will be entertained whether we're nearly perfect of just really good.

To think of the drum corps from Madison as a feeder corps to Pacific Crest and Colts was once unfathomable.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bobjective said:

They want to be competitive. Now ask another question!

They will not be competitive with most of this team in place. I don't see a path for them going forward. Chris is untouchable. That's a recipe for total disaster, and it's coming. 

• Like 1