Bluecoats 2023

4 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Good luck tonight Bloo! I saved my last edible for you 

You're terrible, Muriel.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I think last night's recap speaks for itself.

Yes they say that BD is 4th in brass and percussion

9 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

And 1st in GE, Music, Visual and Guard.

Crown won Brass.

Cavaliers won Percussion.

Bluecoats and Boston won no captions.

Winning 4 out of 6 captions is significantly better, especially considering of your three closest competitiors only one won one caption.

Edited by Vuitton

6 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

and first in literally everything else… hence first place! 

4 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

and first in literally everything else… hence first place! 

Drum corps is brass drums and guard. Pretty much everything else is design. 

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Drum corps is brass drums and guard. Pretty much everything else is design. 

Not entirely. Visual and GE have execution components. You aren't going to win visual if you can't execute and you aren't going to be effective if you can't execute. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

I'm curious as to in what ways you think they are significantly BETTER than everyone else?

More than one way to answer that, but here’s one:

BD consistently marches one of the oldest, most experienced and certainly most accomplished corps in DCI. Every single year. On Day 1 they are so far ahead of 90% of the rest of Dci that they can be cleaning their show from week three on. The tiny tiny details, at scale, just match up show after show.

Because of how dci scores shows and seasons, their head start means they set the bar. And that is almost impossible to beat. The shows that beat them ran the table end to end. It’s just the nature of the activity.

BD is clean from day 1. By the time you get to finals they are sleeping in hotels and haven’t played a show in a week. It is a formula that works over and over again.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

BD consistently marches one of the oldest, most experienced and certainly most accomplished corps in DCI. Every single year. On Day 1 they are so far ahead of 90% of the rest of Dci that they can be cleaning their show from week three on. The tiny tiny details, at scale, just match up show after show.

Because of how dci scores shows and seasons, their head start means they set the bar. And that is almost impossible to beat. The shows that beat them ran the table end to end. It’s just the nature of the activity.

BD is clean from day 1. By the time you get to finals they are sleeping in hotels and haven’t played a show in a week. It is a formula that works over and over again.

Which is why if I were running Crown, Boston or Bluecoats everyone's ### would be on a bus in June heading to the Bay Area. See BD at the first show and you know immediately where you stand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Which is why if I were running Crown, Boston or Bluecoats everyone's ### would be on a bus in June heading to the Bay Area. See BD at the first show and you know immediately where you stand.

What’s the point? You can send Vanderbilt’s coaches to watch every single Alabama practice. Write down every play. Won’t matter. Alabama is filled with 5 star recruits who are essentially NFL players on a college campus.

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I hate takes like this because it infers that no other corps has any skills whatsoever. I saw the first shows of the rest of the top 4 and they were clean. They were well designed. These corps have performers on the same level as BD. I would bet money that they have a similar average age and average marching experience. 

• Like 1