Meanwhile, on the left coast

8 hours ago, deftguy said:

I think the South Pole got jealous when the North Pole lured Santa Claus's headquarters, training center for flying reindeer, manufacturing and distribution plant there with very generous tax breaks and subsidies.

As the magnetic poles seem to switch occasionally, it will be interesting to see if we rename North & South America when it happens next.  Also, the Koreas & Dakotas will need to make decisions as well.  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I always wondered if the South Pole ever gets jealous of the North Pole.  Magnetic North & all...

That magnetic Pole is being shifty, so perhaps not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As the magnetic poles seem to switch occasionally, it will be interesting to see if we rename North & South America when it happens next.  Also, the Koreas & Dakotas will need to make decisions as well.  

We'll also have to revise all the Civil War history. Will the North rise again? If something begins to fall apart will we say "it's going North?"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As I understand it gravity will still work as it always has. 

Well, that's a relief. We Northerners on the Left Coast will not become antipodes, and the Cascades will not have to march on their heads. Whew!

Edited by ironlips
clarity
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ironlips said:

We'll also have to revise all the Civil War history. Will the North rise again? If something begins to fall apart will we say "it's going North?"

As long as it doesn't have anything to do with "that team up North", it's good.

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

Well, that's a relief. We Northerners on the Left Coast will not become antipodes, and the Cascades will not have to march on their heads. Whew!

We probably need to be training for performances on the moon & eventually Mars?  (I guess we should practice on Mars first, then the moon.)  🌙