Cavaliers 75th Anniversary Weekend

I finally bought my tickets to the 75th Anniversary Gala and Cavalcade show last week.  This is going to be an amazing weekend of drum corps.  I will get to see brothers I haven't seen in years, meet many brothers I have never met, and see some of my former students that are all part of the Green Machine.

Many of you know that I have had the opportunity to pay back the corps over the years by housing them in the DC metro area.  The 2015 recovery from the whatever sickness it was that went through the corps, to the more recent housing recovery after losing their site a week before arrival in 2019. It was an honor to show my support to the corps.

Thanks @hookemcavies for reminding me of how great this sounded on "G" bugles.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Geeeeeshhhh.. I remember clearly 1973 and the 25th Anniversary (not a good corps which sure put a damper on any celebrations). 50 years ago, wow. I'm friggin old. 

• Like 1

We're trying to decide if we should participate.

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

We're trying to decide if we should participate.

You should seriously consider it. The location is close enough to O'Hare that you can get a shuttle to the hotels. The hotel rates the corps have secured are very good and literally across the street from the venue hosting the gala.

BTW, Monte and Chris did not pay me for this endorsement. 

:dancin:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

You should seriously consider it. The location is close enough to O'Hare that you can get a shuttle to the hotels. The hotel rates the corps have secured are very good and literally across the street from the venue hosting the gala.

BTW, Monte and Chris did not pay me for this endorsement. 

:dancin:

We missed the White Gear meeting, and you know how the alumni board is this week. lol

Our corps is bizarre!

I'll try to watch the recording and see where things are....

Edited by jjeffeory

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 8:51 PM, Old Corps Guy said:

I finally bought my tickets to the 75th Anniversary Gala and Cavalcade show last week.  This is going to be an amazing weekend of drum corps.  I will get to see brothers I haven't seen in years, meet many brothers I have never met, and see some of my former students that are all part of the Green Machine.

Many of you know that I have had the opportunity to pay back the corps over the years by housing them in the DC metro area.  The 2015 recovery from the whatever sickness it was that went through the corps, to the more recent housing recovery after losing their site a week before arrival in 2019. It was an honor to show my support to the corps.

Thanks @hookemcavies for reminding me of how great this sounded on "G" bugles.

It's great that this event was attended by so many like-minded people and your brothers in spirit, as well as your students. I also dreamed about it very much, because for me it's not just a hobby, but also a way to escape from the educational routine. I'm currently in the pre-graduation stage and preparing a research project  https://www.aresearchguide.com/1steps.html It's great that I found a way to do it faster and better. Tips and instructions are very helpful in this and I hope to have more free time soon.

Edited by Dennis_Siciliano
  • Like 1