Blue Knights 2023 - Unharnessed

This thing on?

BK was right there with PC last night -- 0.337 -- and from a recap perspective I think their situation vis-as-vis 12th place is similar to Troopers' relation to 10th, i.e. BK has a legit shot to push into finals in 3 weeks.

BK appears to have the greater horsepower in its brass and percussion performance captions, but BK's musical design is doing it no favors wrt to PC. Not sure there's any realistic hope of overcoming that MA gap, except praying for a favorable panel at the right moment. Continuing to clean the sound will help, but IDK how much. Only a little, I suspect. This panel put only a slim 0.15 gap between PC and BK in music content/ach headroom, with the edge going to PC. Assuming both continue to develop their musical performance at equal pace, there doesn't look to be much opportunity for BK to gain ground in these subcaptions.

BK's hopes are in visual. Here, the judges said they see greater growth potential for BK than for PC -- about 3/4 of a point more potential -- which, if realized, would be more than enough to move into 12th.

Gonna be close. Panels vary; performance on any given night varies. BK has the potential to play, and look, like the bigger, more polished performance, despite its apparent compositional deficiencies. PC has the potential to stay just close enough to BK's performance levels to let their sweet book carry them into to Saturday.

They really need to fix the transition into the ballad.  Not sure why it’s taking so long to correct this.  The original design for that transition is not working.  And they need to clean clean clean, simple dress downs keep getting missed, as well as choreography. Let’s go BK u can do this.

• Like 2

https://youtu.be/ZwOK0tjKzxM

BK was 12th in 2010. With a fantastic production my amazing brother played snare in. 🥰 I love BK always and forever they are my intro to drum corps through my brother. Hence my name on here. Best drum cadence in the world. MFBK 

10 hours ago, squarepush said:

https://youtu.be/ZwOK0tjKzxM

BK was 12th in 2010. With a fantastic production my amazing brother played snare in. 🥰 I love BK always and forever they are my intro to drum corps through my brother. Hence my name on here. Best drum cadence in the world. MFBK 

I remember the spirited 2010 show fondly. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I remember the spirited 2010 show fondly. 

My brother actually is really embarrassed about this show. He thought they did poorly. I still look back on it and think he’s a crazy person. Certainly a more traditional show but there’s so much to love!

• Like 1

So,  after coming in third in the race for 12th place last night in Birmingham,  if things don’t drastically change that will be two consecutive 14th place finishes.  Here’s hoping a better design in 2024 or at least a staff that knows how to clean a program.  But at least everyone is having fun and enjoying their summer. 

3 hours ago, Craig519 said:

So,  after coming in third in the race for 12th place last night in Birmingham,  if things don’t drastically change that will be two consecutive 14th place finishes.  Here’s hoping a better design in 2024 or at least a staff that knows how to clean a program.  But at least everyone is having fun and enjoying their sum

Edited by Brass of the South
E

Alright members or fans of the BK community-

Explain  unharnessed to me