Pacific Crest 2023 “Goddess”

15 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Lots of good in the recap tonight where I'd expect it!  

• 3rd in guard, been a strength all year. 
  • 4/3/4 in GE 1 with achievement ahead of Troopers?  Love it!  
  • 4/6/5 in GE 2?  4th in content is a great place to be!  
  • Straight 4ths in Visual Analysis?  Great! 
  • 4/5/4 in Music Analysis?  Great!  

Keep pushing!  

Absolutely! I feel like they have the best show of the group fighting for that 12th spot. 7th in Brass and Percussion shows it's all about cleaning and consistency at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Great job tonight PC!!!!

@spacewill if you talk to your boy, ask him how he felt about tonight's run. 

In true 16 year old fashion..."Good"....haha...I expected nothing different!

• Haha 2

Alright PC, tonight is a chance to bring it back and keep the good fight going!!! Let's do this!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 6:57 PM, Chief Guns said:

I am hoping PC can tap into that hot bed of SoCal talent. 

Quite a few kids from SoCal hopped on planes and flew to other parts of the country (and the state) to march. If PC can keep some of those kids home to go along with the amazing talent they currently have...........lookout. 

This is why I don't know why SoCal or even California bands do not have very good luck at BOA GN finals. They get 1 band in, mostly Ayala, but there are lots of other great bands in that state and those bands should be able to compete with Texas and Indiana bands...

Texas had two bands in GN last year that weren't part of the big rotation of Texas names, yet they still made it. I don't see why California couldn't do the same, and I call it a bad year with those bands making it, and I know there are a ton of California bands and talent that could compete.

YES, Pacific Crest needs to be a force.

Edited by jjeffeory

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

This is why I don't know why SoCal or even California bands have very good luck at BOA GN. They get 1 band in, mostly Ayala, but there are lots of great bands in that state and it should be able to compete with Texas and Indiana...

Texas had two bands in GN last year that weren't part of the big rotation of Texas names, yet they made it. I don't see why California couldn't do the same.

YES, Pacific Crest needs to be a force.

I know nothing of the High School Marching band scene in California, but I've quickly learned about their awesome indoor focus.  So question, does california have the same amount of Marching Band competitions you see in Texas?  Heck starting in late September you can't go a weekend in East Texas without 3 or 4 major comps happening.  Does California do this also?  If not then that might be a small reason why more of their bands don't go to GN (aside from costs too).

4 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I know nothing of the High School Marching band scene in California, but I've quickly learned about their awesome indoor focus.  So question, does california have the same amount of Marching Band competitions you see in Texas?  Heck starting in late September you can't go a weekend in East Texas without 3 or 4 major comps happening.  Does California do this also?  If not then that might be a small reason why more of their bands don't go to GN (aside from costs too).

There are two major circuits in SoCal( Western Band and SCSBOA), and Northern California may have even more circuits. Lots of contests, and BOA sometimes has a regional in California. Lots of BD influence and SCV influence everywhere.

29 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

There are two major circuits in SoCal( Western Band and SCSBOA), and Northern California may have even more circuits. Lots of contests, and BOA sometimes has a regional in California. Lots of BD influence and SCV influence everywhere.

It is interesting too that I don't see videos of California marching bands like I do Texas, Florida, and the majors from Ok, and Indiana.  I'll keep an eye out for one their BOA shows this year, it'd be awesome to see what their bands are like!

Just now, spacewill said:

It is interesting too that I don't see videos of California marching bands like I do Texas, Florida, and the majors from Ok, and Indiana.  I'll keep an eye out for one their BOA shows this year, it'd be awesome to see what their bands are like!

https://www.westernbands.org/events/

Chino Hills, Ayala, Upland, Mission Viejo, Murietta, Hart

https://www.scsboa.org/fall-spring-marching-band-events-2023-24/

Rancho Bernardo, Mt. Carmel, Covina, Poway, Arcadia, Etiwanda, El Dorado, Rancho Cucamonga

Lots of bands not mentioned here, and there are other circuits that popup from time to time....

• Like 1

Way to keep fighting PC.  Excited to see that Percussion score finally get the bump it deserves!  Just keep cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!!!!!!

• Like 2