History will be made!

Honestly think it would be awesome for the top three be Crown, Bloo, Boston.

It would be the first time in the 90’s to current that BD, SCV, Cadets, Phantom and Cavies would be left out of metal contention.  One or more have always been in the top three and I’m ready for that streak to be over. 

• Like 4

So the highest scoring 4th place shows were in 08 and 13? What else do those years have in common?? BD wasn't the gold medal winner. It seems that there  has to be a correlation to the scores being higher if BD isn't the top score. 

• 4 weeks later...

Updating..............we are currently tracking for the top four to crack the 97 barrier for the first time ever. 

2013 SCV who holds the highest scoring 4th place show ever at 96.85, was at 93.15 on this day ten years ago. Top four this year have blown past that score already, and by tomorrow night, we could see the big four north of 95 or in the high 94's. 

Another one to keep an eye on.........as the Mandarins/Phantom/Cadets continue to trade heavyweight body blows, could we see the 7th place finisher in that grouping challenge the highest score ever for that placement?

Can't wait for Indy next week. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Updating..............we are currently tracking for the top four to crack the 97 barrier for the first time ever. 

2013 SCV who holds the highest scoring 4th place show ever at 96.85, was at 93.15 on this day ten years ago. Top four this year have blown past that score already, and by tomorrow night, we could see the big four north of 95 or in the high 94's. 

Another one to keep an eye on.........as the Mandarins/Phantom/Cadets continue to trade heavyweight body blows, could we see the 7th place finisher in that grouping challenge the highest score ever for that placement?

Can't wait for Indy next week. 

Remember last year was the first time 10 corps broke 90 in Finals when Mandarins squeaked out a 90.0125. I wonder if we get 11 corps in the 90s this year.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

History is being made regardless with SCV not being in finals at all 

That really sucks not having SCV. But life goes on. Gotta keep it moving. 

Just now, Chief Guns said:

That really sucks not having SCV. But life goes on. Gotta keep it moving. 

Very true, but still it's still significant considering they were the only corps to be in every single finals night of DCI.

Just now, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Very true, but still it's still significant considering they were the only corps to be in every single finals night of DCI.

You speak the truth. 

On 7/6/2023 at 10:12 PM, OnMyMind said:

I do not think it will happen.  Boston will level out around Atlanta if not before.  Not enough effect to score a 97 IMO. GREAT guard!!! Visual could improve once it is achieved, but the effect just isn't as good as last year.  The brass line can't get there with a Mello line that can't play in tune on these new horns.  Bluecoats have the effect and caption strength to get there.  Crown plays all ranges of dynamics beautifully and the guard expresses it very well.  BD is a lock for the Gold!  That is the best hornline BD has had ever!!  The guard is great, show design is great, and drums will be top 3.   This is an exciting year for sure.  Just my 2 cents. 

Additionally,  I am excited to see Phantom rise again.  They are sounding great!!  DCI is best when they are doing great!! And the Mandarins have the show design, the support, the caption strength, and the vibes to push into the top 6 or 7.  That is another historical aspect of this as well!

Hahaha

Looking at the scoring trends and taking night 1 of Allentown into consideration... I reckon the top 11 at Finals will ALL crack 90.