Fresno? FresYES! (MidCal Champions Showcase)

1 minute ago, treved said:

Interesting (I think). This opener sounds JUST like Eden Prairie High School opener from their 2012 show “ElectriCITY.” It was all original music written by John Meehan so it makes sense that Blue Devils B is playing it. 

Edit - the whole show actually. 

Need to save money? Just pay me for something I already wrote.

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Need to save money? Just pay me for something I already wrote.

Literally what I was thinking. It seems a little lazy for me. But the opener and ballad literally was the same music they played, just rehashed for drum corps. 

The closer is the same thing too. Only the 3rd movement is different. 

Edited by treved

1 minute ago, treved said:

Literally what I was thinking. It seems a little lazy for me. But the opener and ballad literally was the same music they played, just rehashed for drum corps. 

The closer is the same thing too. Only the 3rd movement is different. 

Well, if they're not going to DCI, it kind of makes sense that they'd cut whatever costs they could. It still gives these students a solid experience (it's not like they're the ones who performed this with another group).

• Like 1

Just now, brassboy said:

Well, if they're not going to DCI, it kind of makes sense that they'd cut whatever costs they could. It still gives these students a solid experience (it's not like they're the ones who performed this with another group).

I somewhat agree. I’m okay using that show, but I just wish it could’ve been rehashed better (ie. not copying every single piece of it). 

This isn’t meant to be harsh but more a testament to how well BDB moves. There was one guy consistently out of step and not doing all the body movements that kept grabbing my tired eyes. 

He had all the hallmarks of “I’ve joined late and am learning the show/I’m an alternate and just stepped into this spot days ago”. 

That he was noticeable speaks to the polish BDB already puts out there from person to person and that he wasn’t entirely a spaz in the spot as drill flew around says a lot to his ability to pick up a complicated show quickly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Why aren't they going?  I assumed money is fine with BD with all their partnerships and things they own.

Don't assume that money is fine. At the time the decision was made that they were not going to Indy both SCVC and BD made that announcement at the same time. Then SCV Org made of course their year off. 

Ok int is killing my will to be awake. I’ll try getting the others on the replay