Sinning in Sactown (Capital Classic, July 10, 2023)

4 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

Pacific Crest:  I keep waiting, and wanting, for this corps in Fresno, to break through to become a Finals. I’m just not sure that this show is the one that’s going to do it for them. They are on the brink, but this show is not the vehicle to help set them apart. 

the large tarp in the lower right corner still bothers me. It’s ok when focus is on that part of the field, but it doesn’t seem to fit for much of the show. 

however, in general, PC is a fine corps

I think the show can really be built upon so I'm hoping they have additional elements to add to really bring it together!  I agree that right now it's missing a "wow" moment or factor and the ending is a little flat.

• Like 3

I was planning on going to this show until they moved it to Monday. Capital Classic I guess became the alternative to Moonlight Classic. That show was always fun to go to. UOP great stadium for drum corp. it’s not even there anymore. 😞

Edited by DFA1970
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

Pacific Crest:  I keep waiting, and wanting, for this corps, to break through to become a Finalist. I’m just not sure that this show is the one that’s going to do it for them. They are on the brink, but this show is not the vehicle to help set them apart. 

the large tarp in the lower right corner still bothers me. It’s ok when focus is on that part of the field, but it doesn’t seem to fit for much of the show. 

however, in general, PC is a fine corps

They did not use the tarp at the Rose Bowl. In my opinion it hinders their visual presentation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElSuarez said:

They did not use the tarp at the Rose Bowl. In my opinion it hinders their visual presentation.

Agree, I hate tarps!

• Like 1

Blue Knights: probably the edgiest show I’ve seen from BK in a long time. I’m a long time fan of the corps, this is the biggest brass sound I’ve heard from them. They’ll make finals

• Like 4

IMG-5786.jpg

Blue Knights:

if the entire show felt like their intro, I think they’d be a shoo-in for finals. As it is, they are LOUD, but at many times they’re pushing just a bit edgy. But that volume definitely generates some excitement (if not ear fatigue). I don’t care for the narration, as there doesn’t seem to be any type of arc happening (it seems to be saying the same thing throughout the show). I actually heard the bass drum pitch change although not being a drum guy I’m not sure I can appreciate what it may have added.  Great job, BK!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

IMG-5786.jpg

Blue Knights:

if the entire show felt like their intro, I think they’d be a shoo-in for finals. As it is, they are LOUD, but at many times they’re pushing just a bit edgy. But that volume definitely generates some excitement (if not ear fatigue). I don’t care for the narration, as there doesn’t seem to be any type of arc happening (it seems to be saying the same thing throughout the show). I actually heard the bass drum pitch change although not being a drum guy I’m not sure I can appreciate what it may have added.  Great job, BK!

That opener is 🔥 and gives me hope the guard is on an upward trajectory.