To Encore or not to Encore in Utah 23

Shout out to Mandarins, especially PC for a great performance in Utah! BD had their dirtiest (drill and guard) show to date and still earned a 87 hmmmmm! The closer needs attention ASAP!!! Lots to clean and make pop! Show is still coming in HOT!!!!! 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

This is classic west coast inflation.  I am very happy for Pacific Crest and Mandarins posting such strong numbers, but until everyone is together, the scores on their own are not necessarily all that relevant.   

You are correct. And because of that, you know what else isn't relevant... the term "west coast inflation". Or Midwest inflation. Or any inflation... except when it comes to our country's economy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Being born and raised in SoCal, I have always had a soft spot for PC. 

I was so happy when they made that late season charge with Everglow in 2019. They are a legit threat now to exceed that.

I hope the PC buses are partying all the way to Colorado.

They deserve it!!!!!!!

This is what I expected for PC after Everglow, but the virus set them back.  It's fantastic to see them back where they were headed.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

This is classic west coast inflation.  I am very happy for Pacific Crest and Mandarins posting such strong numbers, but until everyone is together, the scores on their own are not necessarily all that relevant.   

I don't think West Coast Inflation and Pacific Crest have ever been mentioned in the past.  I'll take it as a sign of respect for PC now!  We get to be added to the discussion!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I'd also like to point out Utah is not on the West Coast and this was a new judging panel. Makes your comment even more irrelevant now. 😂

To everyone questioning my knowledge of geography, please relax.  The point is that until all corps are at the same contest, judged by the same panel, the scores are just informative, not determanitive.  And for the record, I am a well documented fan of Mandarins and Pacific Crest.  Just check prior posts.  Oh, and just for the record, "West Coast Inflation" is the well known reference to those corps who BEGIN their tours in California and make their way to the first intersection with everyone else.  So please all calm down.  🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1