Corps of Cheyenne...the first of the merge 2023

5 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

I thought they did. If not, you have a point. There needs to be more options.

Several of them (like BDB, Golden Empire and Impulse) *have* traveled to Indy in the past. But this year, I believe Gold is the only one of the entire pack who is going. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Several of them (like BDB, Golden Empire and Impulse) *have* traveled to Indy in the past. But this year, I believe Gold is the only one of the entire pack who is going. 

Which is fine.  
Realizing that you don’t want to jeopardize the entire financial foundation of the Corps by traveling 2/3 of the way across the country is a good thing.   

What I think would be good is if there was some sort of Western regional circuit championship they could compete for.  Something like DCM used to be.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Which is fine.  
Realizing that you don’t want to jeopardize the entire financial foundation of the Corps by traveling 2/3 of the way across the country is a good thing.   

What I think would be good is if there was some sort of Western regional circuit championship they could compete for.  Something like DCM used to be.  

That’s what this weekend’s SoCal shows essentially are. Tomorrow’s show in Vista is treated as a semifinals (performance order based on Friday’s Riverside results) and Sunday’s Duarte show is treated as finals (performance order based on Saturday show’s results). 

And Flo is actually broadcasting Sunday’s Duarte show, which makes it feel that much more special as a finals experience for those corps. 

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

Is that an actual rumor beyond these forums? I mean, if Gold wants to make the jump and they’re well-positioned to do it financially, then more power to them. But honestly I think it would be kind of unfortunate too—California already has 3 world class corps to choose from (4, if and when SCV returns) but offers fewer open corps that travel to Indy for members who aren’t interested in doing (or ready to do) a full world class tour. 

When my boy was with them last year, I can't remember what SoCal show it was (maybe Bellflower), I was talking to a member of the staff, and they said a WC jump has been talked about amongst the powers that be here and there over the last couple of seasons. 

So it's on their radar. Now when and will it happen..............that I have no idea brother. 

What I took from the convo was Covid derailed/delayed this possible jump. 

• Like 1

Small lineup; Wyoming is a difficult place to arrange housing, though it's only 1+ hr north of Fort Collins. With so few corps, there may be little gravity weighing on the scores. 

Fort Collins on Saturday is the best DATR lineup in a dog's age, even without SCV on the bill. Looks like the weather will, for once, cooperate.

I expect BK to make some noise this weekend. Troop and PC will exchange jabs Friday and Saturday before heading south. 

• Like 1

Lightning strikes in Cheyenne right now....dang you weather!

• Sad 2