Allentown uh-oh

8 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I wonder if DCI really ran into an issue with this if they could just move temporarily to Moravian University in Bethlehem (right next to Allentown, PA) and use BASD field. It's a fairly good size stadium. You still have the track, but so does Allentown. BASD has decent bleachers. You are in a nice neighborhood where people might either hate it or love it. Plenty of fields around for warm-ups. 

Bethlehem hosts Musikfest on the Moravian campus in the first 10 days of August. This year 3rd to the 13th.

https://www.musikfest.org

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Allentown is kind of a historic site for DCI East. Just hoping they can figure out the seating issue if this is the case. I really have not heard anything. I agree with @Jeff Ream that if they ever did have to move DCI East that Annapolis would be a good possibility. Maybe the University of Maryland near D.C. 

The University of Delaware actually has a pretty fantastic stadium with no track that would be perfect for this. 

fb-delaware-stadium-drone-update-august-

I believe all the construction work is completed now. 

Marylnd is grass. Udel i worry abour parking as the stadium is basically right next to a busy route 896 headed towards 95 and 301

12 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Syracuse Carrier Dome. No weather worries, club seating.

DCI should see if it is available. Syracuse has always been a big drum corps city. 

cost and logistics i have been told do not make it appealing. i remember staying right by there in 2001 for DCA and i remember thinking "how in the hell would youe get the corps in and out of here".

and i have heard many times the sound is not good at all

11 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

What is the seating capacity at Allentown? Do we know the seating capacity concert side at the Naval Academy? 

i have heard Allentown actually has more seats concert side than Annapolis, even if Annapolis has the longer upper deck. not sure the exact numbers. for Allentown usually if the crowd is past the 10's it's over 10k

10 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Rutgers is one lane road in and one lane out.

I understand the positives about moving.

It sounds like moving the Market Place  outside the stadium may 

permanent.

That's inconvenient.

The East crowd is older.

Walking that hill is tough.

Delaware does look nice.

Biggest negative to me is that, if they move the Easts its no longer

going to be 2 days.

the marketplace is moved due to consttruction of some type behind the scoreboard

10 hours ago, Tim K said:

Most likely graduation was anywhere from the week before Memorial Day to the first week of June, that should be ample time for repairs. However at least from this thread, we don’t know which seats were involved or how many. I find with Reddit it’s either all smoke, no fire, or it’s a blazing fire of epic proportions. It could be one row or one whole section. It also depends which section. Though the best seats are sold out and I will not be happy if I am moved (I’m on the 50 yard line), there are still plenty of reasonably good seats. Hopefully people can be moved in the same area.

the materials were ordered right away. they've been on backorder. i know everyone was hoping it'd be fixed by now

10 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I wonder if DCI really ran into an issue with this if they could just move temporarily to Moravian University in Bethlehem (right next to Allentown, PA) and use BASD field. It's a fairly good size stadium. You still have the track, but so does Allentown. BASD has decent bleachers. You are in a nice neighborhood where people might either hate it or love it. Plenty of fields around for warm-ups. 

nowhere near enough seats. you think the outrage over this is bad....

10 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Does anyone know how may seats to the Easts are actually sold ?

Seems like a lot of the lower bowl are always empty.

Depending of the number of seats that are actually used, what about

Lehigh's Stadium?

Its right down the road.

Could probably use a lot of the same DCI volunteers.

did Lehigh finally get lights?

10 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

The town of Easton, PA is not far from Allentown. It sits right on the PA-NJ border on the Deleware River. Gorgeous place. The stadium at Lafayette College is amazing with incredible scenery. More than big enough and likely it is larger than J. Birney Crum. Warm-up areas may be a challenge, but housing for fans and corps would not because you are so central to Allentown and Bethlehem. 

Fisher-Stadium_Kirby-Sports-Center.jpg

looks like parking would be an issue of Allentown levels...maybe worse LOL.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, old drmmjr said:

There was a post on fb with a picture of the bleachers, and explaining what appeared to be some minimal bowing in some of the seats on the lower level. Most of the damage was contained to the general admission seating area according to the fb post. I am hoping that is the true case and that DCI is just trying to cover themselves in case more issues are discovered. 

I have had my seats purchased in the upper section of the bleachers and I have not received any contact from DCI at all about my seats, as of this morning.

i saw that too...looked like section G down low had the most seats