Allentown uh-oh

10 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

No, that wasn't a swipe at you. I was just saying that when it comes to DCI, money is very apparent to come first before everything else.

Not to be crass, but money is pretty important to the survival of this activity and I don't think a couple older folks tripping up uneven stairs outweighs that. Especially when I highly doubt DCI would be liable in any way should an incident occur because of said stairs/lack of accessibility. I'd imagine terms like that are spelled out when tickets are bought. Allentown sold out regardless

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Not to be crass, but money is pretty important to the survival of this activity and I don't think a couple older folks tripping up uneven stairs outweighs that. Especially when I highly doubt DCI would be liable in any way should an incident occur because of said stairs/lack of accessibility. I'd imagine terms like that are spelled out when tickets are bought. Allentown sold out regardless

We're in agreeance, because you just proved my point. Lol. The majority has been complaining about Allentown for years, and it's not just old people. 

1 hour ago, Grandpa Joe said:

We're in agreeance, because you just proved my point. Lol. The majority has been complaining about Allentown for years, and it's not just old people. 

I am one of those people who complains about Allentown every year, I'm definitely in agreement with you. At the same time, I can see that it is completely logical for DCI to stay in Allentown, whether it is safely accessible for certain folks or not. 

36 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I am one of those people who complains about Allentown every year, I'm definitely in agreement with you. At the same time, I can see that it is completely logical for DCI to stay in Allentown, whether it is safely accessible for certain folks or not. 

There lies part of the problem though. When a venue becomes unsafe for your paying viewers, whoever it may be because young and old can trip on the same stairs just the same, it should be changed tradition be ######. Sadly, it's not viewed this way and is yet another downfall of DCI.

3 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

No, that wasn't a swipe at you. I was just saying that when it comes to DCI, money is very apparent to come first before everything else.

And as pages have been devoted to, not a lot of options that are suitable for fans or corps….or the Wallet. Remember the money made goes back to the corps. 

5 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

There lies part of the problem though. When a venue becomes unsafe for your paying viewers, whoever it may be because young and old can trip on the same stairs just the same, it should be changed tradition be ######. Sadly, it's not viewed this way and is yet another downfall of DCI.

I was at a Phillies game 2 weeks ago. Modern ballpark right? I saw old people have issues getting around. 

1 hour ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Unsafe for a small group of people. As I said before, it may be crass, but money outweighs that small risk, especially when any incidents are likely not something DCI would be liable for. What motivation does DCI have if they aren't liable for someone falling on the stairs?