Allentown Parking

40 minutes ago, ShortyRock said:

Going to Allentown (both nights) for the first time.  I've heard that parking is always an issue.  Any tips/advice for this Allentown Rookie?

Linden Street early..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ShortyRock said:

Going to Allentown (both nights) for the first time.  I've heard that parking is always an issue.  Any tips/advice for this Allentown Rookie?

Have to miss Allentown this year for the first time in longer then I care to

remember.

We always parked on, I believe N 19th street.

BUT

You have to get there early.

Especially on Saturday.

There are a couple of private lots for the "apartment" /"Assisted Living" buildings in the area that tend to be empty.

BUT

They will ticket you.

Also had one friend who was towed.

The lots are well signed, warning you.

• Like 1

There is a wonderful neighborhood SOUTH of Hamilton Street, just across from Cedar Beach Park that usually has plenty of open street parking up till showtime and beyond. Best place to walk over into the park is at the 24th Street traffic signal. Once in the park, you will be surrounded by hundreds of fans and several corps warming up. This year, there will be the DCI Marketplace and various food trucks on adjacent to the park Linden Street.

In addition, Muhlenberg College, located just above the stadium, opens a few of their lots to DCI fans. Then to, the massive Allentown Fairgrounds Lot a couple blocks above the stadium is available.

Regardless what you choose to do, plan on a little more walking than you expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

There is a wonderful neighborhood SOUTH of Hamilton Street, just across from Cedar Beach Park that usually has plenty of open street parking up till showtime and beyond. Best place to walk over into the park is at the 24th Street traffic signal. Once in the park, you will be surrounded by hundreds of fans and several corps warming up. This year, there will be the DCI Marketplace and various food trucks on adjacent to the park Linden Street

In addition, Muhlenberg College, located just above the stadium, opens a few of their lots to DCI fans. Then to, the massive Allentown Fairgrounds Lot a couple blocks above the stadium is available.

Regardless what you choose to do, plan on a little more walking than you expected.

This!!! 

I live about 20 minutes from the stadium and have attended DCI East since the early 90's. I have parked at the above location for the past ~ 15 years and there is never an issue and no stress. If your heading East (on Hamilton) turn right onto one of the side streets before you get to 24th St. Find an open curb and park, walk to the light at 24th street and cross into the park. Enjoy!!!

Edited by The Passionate Fan
  • Like 1