I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

4 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

A lot of people think that the board needs to be overhauled. Anyone who had a hand in the mess that the VMAPA organization is currently in needs to go, and should have been thrown out immediately. Period. Name a business that continues to keep people in charge that has ruined the companies reputation and financial grounds that has continued to operate successfully and has the communities trust.

I'll wait.

I'm with you. Root them all out. I have no skin in the game other than wanting to see an SCV back on the field safer, healthier and stronger than before; whose success is not built on the backs of members beaten down in the name of tradition and ego. I, too, know of someone who marched and experienced many of the same things mentioned earlier by several in this post. It's unacceptable, and the financial and organizational mismangement only compounds it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

RL? Do you have a link? A resource? I don't know what you're talking about.

RL=Richard Lesher earlier in this thread. 

In the earlier exchange in this thread in re to the announcement there was a brief exchange of saying advice was welcome and a reply of basically no. 

Thinking on SCV looking for management (how long have they been without a head?).

Non-profit group I belong to kept recycling the same people through the management chairs. Each year basically everyone moved up a chair until they were board member for certain number of years. During that time they “knew what they were doing” and accepted no outside advice. “This is the way we always did things”

Ended up:

1) lost non profit status for years. Never told the details.

2) No one new wanted to serve as an officer for fear of being the fall guy if crap hit the fan.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

In the earlier exchange in this thread in re to the announcement there was a brief exchange of saying advice was welcome and a reply of basically no. 

You 👏🏽 are 👏🏽 not  👏🏽 an   👏🏽 official   👏🏽 channel   👏🏽 for   👏🏽 such   👏🏽 communication.

I will not be sharing that information with you. I have no trust that that information would go anywhere helpful, be heard, cared for, or respected. My expertise has already been exploited by this organization in the past and I've lost trust.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

And...

What does Mr. Lesher's post have to do with Ms. Ghost?

Are you implying that they are acting in concert to overthrow the VMAPA leadership?

I have ZERO skin in the SCV game, however I have found that Mr. Lesher has backed up his core claims with irrefutable facts. Ms. Ghost and I have spoken in the past privately and I find her to be above board and commendable for taking the initiative where the organizations have failed.

Now, as for my impression from reading your posts....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

You 👏🏽 are 👏🏽 not  👏🏽 an   👏🏽 official   👏🏽 channel   👏🏽 for   👏🏽 such   👏🏽 communication.

I will not be sharing that information with you. I have no trust that that information would go anywhere helpful, be heard, cared for, or respected. My expertise has already been exploited by this organization in the past and I've lost trus

I conclude from this that there must logically exist people within the organization who you are currently happy to communicate with and share advice, however it has also been sstated otherwise. 

Edited by DSpruce

2 minutes ago, ECJ94 said:

And...

Are you implying that they are acting in concert to overthrow the VMAPA leadership?

I have ZERO skin in the SCV game, however I have found that Mr. Lesher has backed up his core claims with irrefutable facts. Ms. Ghost and I have spoken in the past privately and I find her to be above board and commendable for taking the initiative where the organizations have failed.

Now, as for my impression from reading your posts....

His intentions are clear.

To tear down Ghost.

He can say they aren't all he wants, but I refuse to believe otherwise from the way they are acting.

6 minutes ago, ECJ94 said:

I mean, he stated it. And yes it has leaked coming from him that they are working in loose concert

Edited by DSpruce

Just now, DSpruce said:

I mean, he stated it. And yes it has leaked that they are working in loose concert

The fact that they both posted in the same thread does not make them working in concert any more than it makes you as working in concert with them.

Perhaps now would be a good time for the SCV alum to take their personal laundry (vendettas) inside. It is stinking up the place around here now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ECJ94 said:

The fact that they both posted in the same thread does not make them working in concert any more than it makes you as working in concert with them.

Perhaps now would be a good time for the SCV alum to take their personal laundry (vendettas) inside. It is stinking up the place around here now.

I told them to go to separate corners pages ago. Kids these days...

get-off-my-lawn-old-lady.gif

• Haha 4