I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

Deleting to try to depersonalize and in re to claim that this was a double binding statement

I actually don’t necessarily concede that it was a double binding statement I just don’t mind redacting. I’m as smart as anybody else and not following that bit. Happy to be educated. Note I am not an institution I am a private person who was misled by the entity citing double bind.

Edited by DSpruce
Edited to depersonalize per feedback on policy

We're stuck in a double bind here. This is a form of retaliation, mentioned in a previous comment of mine. More here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_bind

This could have been a private communication from the beginning. The board and alumni and the alumni directory have my email address. I've attempted private communication on half a dozen occasions.

It's not up to the institution or its affiliates to determine for the abused whether they were being hostile or not. By this alum's own admission, they don't have all the info. But here they are, trying to deflect legitimate concerns and deflect blame.

I shared my perception of an event in which it was stated that alum were behaving with hostility towards others at that event. That’s a claim. Is that trying to deflect legitimate concerns and deflect blame? Ok happy to not do that again. 

Edited by DSpruce
Edited to align with that the respective comment was deleted

22 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

I shared my perception of an event in which you claim that you were treated with hostility. Is that trying to deflect legitimate concerns and deflect blame? Ok I can’t delete it now because it won’t make sense but happy to not do that again. 

Many alum are blind to the pattern and legacy of abuse. And then continue to blame the victims, double bind them, and then wonder why more won't step forward so improvements can be sustainably be integrated.

You're welcome to your opinion but don't be surprised by pushback supported by legitimate resources and as much evidence as I can present without breaking the confidentiality of other reporters.

Your entire string of comments here is in violation of DCP policy. I haven't pushed to silence or block you because I actually find it refreshing that one of you left the closed, private Fb page to express what you think publicly. Although I have no doubt what I'm saying has the potential to be discussed openly therein without my capacity to stand up for myself.

• Like 2