Time To Update

😚
One thing was proven last night. THEY HAVE TO TOTALLY REDO THE SCORING SYSTEM! Either the judges don’t know how to judge today’s shows, OR, Dr. Baggs was right. “This activity is impossible to judge”. l’m going with Dr Baggs. I’m not talking about ranking, it’s about rating today’s SHOWS. THEY HAD NO IDEA HOW TO SEPARATE THE TOP 4, and then the NEXT THREE. They’re all the same to them, so they artificially try to make a separation. Convince me that a judge can watch 10 minutes of BD and 10 minutes of CROWN, and over that span of time, with all that is going on, say one corps is .0xx more EFFECTIVE than the other. As the GREAT Scotty Chapelle said BITD “there is no such thing as a tenth of a point in GE.” His suggestion? All GE sub-captions should have a spread of .5 or more, OR tie them. Remember 1975 DCI Finals! Three very effective brass shows, three very different brass shows, Jim Unrath judging. Madison 10, SCV 10, 27th Lancers 10. His reason, “3 Great Shows, 3 totally different shows, let the performance people figure it out.
BRILLIANT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For me, as a great director and instructor (Jim Costello) once told me "execution (performance/timing/spacing) IS General Effect".

4 hours ago, james wedge said:

Convince me that a judge can watch 10 minutes of BD and 10 minutes of CROWN, and over that span of time, with all that is going on, say one corps is .0xx more EFFECTIVE than the other. 

Not to be too sarcastic here but umm...that is literally their only job.

Judge your sheet and the show of the day.

34 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Not to be too sarcastic here but umm...that is literally their only job.

My issue is if the judges are only judging 10 minutes of Crown and BD..........what are they doing the last two minutes of the shows. 

• Haha 2