DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

Man I completely underestimated Academy. They need to build on whatever I’m hearing because that is a solid sound. Not sure I understand the show though.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

This ball makes not sense. They do nothing compelling with it whatsoever. 

The ball makes little sense and all the screamers make little sense. But it seems like they're having fun performing the show and that's all that matters for these kids.

Edited by CAtenhut

Just tuning in...any highlights so far? Everything on schedule?

6 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Just signing in. Been here in the blast zone at Lucas Oil since Southwind, who immediately told me I was going to need my stronger Earasers. Holy moly these shows really are so much better live. I have enjoyed nearly all at least twice as much as I ever did on Flo. Glad I will have 2 or 3 reads on these. MMs are selling these shows so well. 

I am also in the splash-I mean blast zone. I have tickets close for sound today, up for visuals Saturday, and whatever my dad paid for tomorrow!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Academy is having a good run.  Center tenor is one of my neighbors. Good kid.

Band kids don't allows make good neighbors.   

I kept my drum corps rifle for years, with the original tape.  One hot summer after playing with my rifle, in my back yard, with a six-foot privacy fence, I took a short water break.  I left my rifle on my deck, next to my back door.  I haven't seen my rifle since.  I strongly suspect the drummer kid, next door, took it.