DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

5 minutes ago, MarkHornGA said:

All that I know is that during Bloo and BAC all that I could think about was the SPECTACULAR performance by Crown. My guess is the judges were too.

This is sort of what I was thinking. IMO Crown gets 💩 on a lot of stuff every year which is whatever, but this year I think they’ve had such a great show.  People sorta discounted them a bit as a locked 4th. However, while doing this comparison I realized how much the other two have major pit and drumline moments where they are the focus. Crown’s drumline is just as good as the others, they’re just arranged too symphonically for the judges tastes I suppose. I get it, I like the approach as a classical music lover. It just doesn’t seem like something crown is willing to sacrifice. That’s fine with me too. Great job tonight crown. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

There goes Blue Stars dropping another spot with troopers only .2 behind.  What going on with them?

Troops guard is what kept Blue Stars up

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Honestly I’ll take 5th with Brooks if I’m Crown. He had them 7th back in Texas. Finals will be the real interesting one as Davila has scored Crown high recently so we’ll see. Sanford is 1/3 of the way to Rosemont, IL though…

It’s going 3/3 in my estimation, and they’re off to a great start with pulling ahead average wise as a corps that could beat them one night probably had too low of a prelims score to match their average if they get topped.
The caption is theirs👀🎉🎉

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

Troopers is waaay too low

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I believe one of the MA judges is brass focused and the other is percussion (but I could be wrong) 

correct

• Like 1

Weird double posting error. But hey, I love seeing this forum so packed!

Edited by Orwellian Wiress

8 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Last year Cavs beat Phantom by 1.4 in prelims and lost to them by a whisper in Finals. 

One year later… they lose to Phantom by 0.8 in Prelims. 

Focus men… and return the favor. 😎

Illinois State Championship at stake!

• Haha 1

What could push BAC this season to 4th is General Effect. The top 4 are practically inseparable in Music and Visuals, but judges have pretty consistently had them behind BD and Crown/Bloo at contests, including San Antonio, Atlanta, and Allentown. Tonight continued that trend

• Like 1