DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

6 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

And a slightly different panel could have had BD win by a larger margin too.  

Sure. though I'm betting on the opposite being true. 

The point being, the talking point of "BD has this in the bag, and would have to make a huge mistake" is erroneous. A slightly different panel last night could have called this completely differently. There are enough judges that don't have them as their top choice to make this possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Sure. though I'm betting on the opposite being true. 

The point being, the talking point of "BD has this in the bag, and would have to make a huge mistake" is erroneous. A slightly different panel last night could have called this completely differently. There are enough judges that don't have them as their top choice to make this possible.

BD absolutely has this in the bag. They may close the gap. But BD is still going to get the points to win. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

BD absolutely has this in the bag. They may close the gap. But BD is still going to get the points to win. 

Yes, we know that's your opinion. The recaps don't necessarily back up that certainty though. They could definitely win, but the door is definitely open depending on the panel. To say otherwise is just biased pandering. 

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

It's not erroneous. If I am wrong I will eat the biggest crow I've ever eaten, but I have been paying attention for the past 16 years. Blue Devils are going to win tonight and tomorrow night. There is not a path for anyone else to win. Simple as.

• Haha 1

Just now, MarimbaManiac said:

Yes, we know that's your opinion. The recaps don't necessarily back up that certainty though. They could definitely win, but the door is definitely open depending on the panel. To say otherwise is just biased pandering. 

It isn’t biased pandering, it’s the way it is. BD has a way of coming into finals and tearing the place down. They’ll do it again. They have the vehicle. They changed the ending which helps their visual proficiency number. And they get enough points in GE to still win. You’d need BD to be getting 3 or 4 in sub captions to pull them down. I’m sorry you can’t see that, but it’s the facts 

16 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

One of the other top 4 would have to have a “run for the ages” (eg Phantom 2008) to have any chance of toppling BD

One of hte other top 4 would also have to have a Regiment 2008 show and no one does. That was such a special show and the momentum of that show carried them to victory. Crown, Boston and Bluecoats, as great as they are, just don't have a show that cannot be denied like Regiment 2008.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

It's not erroneous. If I am wrong I will eat the biggest crow I've ever eaten, but I have been paying attention for the past 16 years. Blue Devils are going to win tonight and tomorrow night. There is not a path for anyone else to win. Simple as.

I mean you're wrong right now. The path is there, as has already been explained based on the sheets. Whether they win or not ignoring that is just ignorant. 

I guarantee you that the BD staff is telling the members right now that "THE DOOR IS OPEN FOR THEM TO TAKE IT FROM YOU," - because that's the truth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

It isn’t biased pandering, it’s the way it is. BD has a way of coming into finals and tearing the place down. They’ll do it again. They have the vehicle. They changed the ending which helps their visual proficiency number. And they get enough points in GE to still win. You’d need BD to be getting 3 or 4 in sub captions to pull them down. I’m sorry you can’t see that, but it’s the facts 

You have a very interesting definition of the word "fact." I'd be happy to send you a dictionary if you think that will help.

• Like 1