DCI and Indy sign extension thru 2033

3 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

technically yes, School is back in session in the Indy metro when championships rills around. 

And in 1993, the schools were already in session in metro Jackson during finals week.

This is not something new to DCI, they were dealing with it 30 years ago. They then went to Florida, where schools also start this week.

Do I like the hotels being used by the corps? No, but there are only so many National Guard Armories, ice skating rinks and fairgrounds available to be used. The other thing that I just thought of... does using a hotel to house a corps typically mean that the food crew gets breakfast off? If so, that's a win for staffing as well as food costs.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ECJ94 said:

And in 1993, the schools were already in session in metro Jackson during finals week.

This is not something new to DCI, they were dealing with it 30 years ago. They then went to Florida, where schools also start this week.

Do I like the hotels being used by the corps? No, but there are only so many National Guard Armories, ice skating rinks and fairgrounds available to be used. The other thing that I just thought of... does using a hotel to house a corps typically mean that the food crew gets breakfast off? If so, that's a win for staffing as well as food costs.

Unless they are at Hampton Inns, probably not.  Corps are still feeding kids and staff, not sure about lunch and dinner because corps have to move to local fields/stadiums.  Or a corps can rent the Colts practice bubble.

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

And think of the money they could save on food by fishing and hunting for their own meals.

And growing vegetables