DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

18 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

What those numbers say is their content is a 9.0 out of a possible 10.0 and their achievement is a 9.4 out of a possible 10.0. Seven corps have a more complex guard book and of all the corps Regiment is performing their guard book 5th best. Totally makes sense to me. If a corps got a 10.0 for achievement and a 9.0 for content, that could also make sense.

It would make sense?! Show me a spread like that in finals week, ever.. it’s absurd, in all due respect. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

If Troopers had a more solid guard, they would be a solid 7th place corps. The guard has improved very much, but its still a weak point in the corps. 

It has been a source of frustration for me this season. Guard has never been a strength for Troopers in last 10 years and visual generally in that time has been their weakness. The staff they have now seems serious about competing and improving and I trust they are building to improve visual. Just not this season. 

28 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

D. Padilla having Phantom’s Color Guard score Cont 9 and Achv 9.4?? Get the F outta here - that’s pure insanity.

It’s judging like this that pisses me off. Outperform your book by a tenth? Absolutely. By four tenths? Get the F outta here. IF it were finals, that would be called INTENTIONALLY tipping the scale.

Honestly tho.. 

@MandarinMom I finally saw your daughter tonight on Flo!! How dam (avoiding the # marks) eloquent is her dancing/movement! She’s promoted to the guard - kidding but she’s a dual star! 

• Thanks 1

I think the judging system right now is trash. It's just a one man's opinion, doesn't mean it's right. When judges were allowed to go on the field they were able to focus in a multidimensional way on very specific things to look for and listen to- they can't do that now. So that means they have to take a very educated guess from the little places they can be at now. In my opinion it has created a very limited canvas for show design, and the crazy thing is that it has been the directors and designers who have voted for the rules that now judges have to follow. it has changed the way shows are made now drastically. It's not the judges fault at all, they are just working with some really messed  up parameters to work with to ##### a corps with truth in comparison to the way it used to be. End Rant lol. Congrats to all the kids this season!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super Don-O said:

I truly expected the gap to narrow tonight, not widen.

i expected it to widen. i thought BD much better tonight

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Now that they have their ankles covered, I totally agree. It looks great. When the ankles were bare, it looked pretty messy at times.

and the visual scores reflect the change helped

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Again I vehemently disagree with the judging result and again I will be flamed by the BD people. BD is not a point and a half better. They simply are just not. I give up, I will never understand why judges love BD so much. 

i've been very critical of BD over the years and some of the numbers they've gotten.

not this year. seeing them live last weekend reinforced what i've thought since the first time they were on FLO.....they're that #### good

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

i've been very critical of BD over the years and some of the numbers they've gotten.

not this year. seeing them live last weekend reinforced what i've thought since the first time they were on FLO.....they're that #### good

agree to disagree.