DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

Ok, I accidentally discovered that if you allow the FloMarching stream to continue to play after the "Event has concluded" notice, it will automatically, after maybe an hour or so, I'm not real sure of the time period, either loop the whole event stream, or in this case, FloMarching replays the semi-finals from the Colts 'til the score announcements, then repeats.

It's now 9:08 AM CDT, and the Phantom Regiment is playing, with sound, on the same live stream that I left open from last night.

Edited by Mikah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I think Bluecoats guard has over achieved their book in the past, maybe it was 2019 or 2018? 

Content and Achievement, as you know are two different things. They are completely independent of one another. You could get a 7.0 in Content and if you performed that very easy book perfectly, you could get a 9.8 in Achievement.

I understand why it is confusing to some because we see throughout the whole season Content and Achievement scores being in line with one another. I think for most corps, at their first show, their Content numbers should be quite a bit higher than their Achievement numbers. I realize more Content (supposedly) becomes more visable over time and it certainly increases overtime, but I don't think something has to be clean to realize it's content. The first time I saw Star in '90 they were a mess, but everyone recognized the demand/content instantly. Regiment blew them away (I think by 6 points) and I knew that night if Star cleaned Regiment was toast!

So, could you march zero color guard, thus earning a zero in content, but a 15 in achievement because you achieved everything you set out to do?   

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

So, could you march zero color guard, thus earning a zero in content, but a 15 in achievement because you achieved everything you set out to do?   

No, only a 10 in Achievement because that's the maximum. But in this case I think you'd also get a 0 for Achievement becasue you aren't doing anything.

Content analyzes the book, Achievement analyzes the cleanliness/performance of that book.

13 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

No, only a 10 in Achievement because that's the maximum. But in this case I think you'd also get a 0 for Achievement becasue you aren't doing anything.

Content analyzes the book, Achievement analyzes the cleanliness/performance of that book.

There are always ways to game the system- your Madison Scouts did it in 1960s & it led to creation of 27 Lancers.  But that perhaps is a story for another time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There are always ways to game the system- your Madison Scouts did it in 1960s & it led to creation of 27 Lancers.  But that perhaps is a story for another time. 

Wow. I finally, I can say "I wasn't alive then" to something. YIPPIE.

I wasn't alive in the 60s, but if you ever just want to share any story, and I mean any story, you are always more than welcome to message me.

Edited by Vuitton

The way the announcer pronounced Sinnerman, rhymes with how I pronounce cinnamon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Of all your gripes man, I’ll never understand this one. Have you ever been a performer or taught? Individual field level skills are VASTLY different from box skills. It’s like saying VP and VA are the same.

You put yourself through hating BD so much every year. You need some hippie garden of love in your life, my friend.

Thank you Blue

coats, for taking taking me to the Garden of Love, before I laid me down to sleep. I’ve removed all the post it notes from my refrigerator door, so I may grab another beer with out the dreadful reminder

of that bryer corpsbd

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Wow, I've never, ever heard that the Madison Scouts led to the creation of 27th!  If that is the case, much love to Madison, for inspiring 27th, one of my all-time favorite corps.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I think Bluecoats guard has over achieved their book in the past, maybe it was 2019 or 2018? 

Content and Achievement, as you know are two different things. They are completely independent of one another. You could get a 7.0 in Content and if you performed that very easy book perfectly, you could get a 9.8 in Achievement.

I understand why it is confusing to some because we see throughout the whole season Content and Achievement scores being in line with one another. I think for most corps, at their first show, their Content numbers should be quite a bit higher than their Achievement numbers. I realize more Content (supposedly) becomes more visable over time and it certainly increases overtime, but I don't think something has to be clean to realize it's content. The first time I saw Star in '90 they were a mess, but everyone recognized the demand/content instantly. Regiment blew them away (I think by 6 points) and I knew that night if Star cleaned Regiment was toast!

I don’t think they are independent of each other at all. They seem to be weighted together. If you simply look across the subcaptions from last night you don’t see any achievement scores more than a few tenths higher than the content scores. 

here’s a link to another thread that helped me think about it differently…

Edited by MarkHornGA

12 minutes ago, Mikah said:

The way the announcer pronounced Sinnerman, rhymes with how I pronounce cinnamon.

He pronounces Sinnerman like how my dad pronounces Spiderman - like a last name instead of a someone who is part spider and part man. 

Also, the Mandarins merch booth needs to start selling “Sinnerman Rolls” with extra “sinnamon”.

Edited by Rylan
  • Haha 2