Entering Finals

8 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Anyone have any insight as to whether or not the issues from last year are corrected? Just want to know if I have to get in line to enter the stadium at 3 pm. 

I would imagine it may be even crazier given that they're doing the entire SoundSport competition tomorrow instead of having done it Wednesday like they have previously.

18 minutes ago, cmchandler said:

I would imagine it may be even crazier given that they're doing the entire SoundSport competition tomorrow instead of having done it Wednesday like they have previously.

Soundsport was on finals last year too. So

28 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Anyone have any insight as to whether or not the issues from last year are corrected? Just want to know if I have to get in line to enter the stadium at 3 pm. 

Seeing as Friends of DCI have our own gate now, it takes a big chunk of people out of the main line. I’d imagine it’ll be fine

If you have donated at least $250 to DCI when purchasing tickets, then you can enter the west gate.  Not a lot of folks can afford another $250.  A bit classest but that's the society we live in.  I don't think many folks donated another chunk of change to put a dent in the line at the east gate.

Saturday is going to be fine.  At 6:30 PM at East Gate there were  five lanes open and only one was needed.  Scanners were sitting on tables wondering why they were there. DCI learns from their mistakes. Example Houston DCI  moved the ticketed  entrance to East side of stadium and  all issues solved.   Saturdays crowd is expected to be the largest finals ever at Lucas Oil.  If you arrive at West Gate without a Friends Lanyard just tell them that you left it at your hotel.   I bet they let you in by showing your ticket on your phone.   There will not be a repeat of last years events. Goal is to get all ticketed  in to Lucas on time.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cmchandler said:

SoundSport and DrumLine Battle have always on Saturday. I and E was on the Wednesday.

The two big problems last year were concession stand lines and getting into the stadium. Getting in on Thursday and Friday was never an issue, but the concession stand lines were a disaster. Not the case this year. There was a wait but the lines moved. Just as concession lines improved,  I’m hoping the same holds true for getting in for finals. I think DCI got the message and even though it was unofficially said to be a Lucas Oil issue (full disclosure, I was told by a usually reliable person that an unnamed employee for DCI made this claim), my guess is it will be corrected. Just to be safe, I’m planning a late lunch/early dinner at Shapiro’s and to be in LOS by 4PM. 

Having gone to both Thursday and Friday competitions, one word of advice is to have the barcode available from Ticketmaster ready to scan. Multiple scanners at the entry gate could not read the mobile download tickets that were in my Apple wallet. This lead to longer lines and employees running around to find a scanner that worked. Gate employees started asking tickets holders to login in to Ticketmaster and find barcodes, which in turn had people resetting passwords to accounts on their phones while at the front of the line. Can’t imagine Finals day like this.