2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Build into the company front. SUTA!!! Standing ovation! Flags doing their thing in front of the horns! Such a great drum corps moment, which is why the crowd responds the way they do.

OK, time for the big finish. Run to the tarp around the front ensemble and hit that final chord! 

OH, AND THE LEG KICK!!!

One thing I I’ve about working up in the press box is that I can hear the crowd very well, so I get a good idea of how into the performance they are.

Intermission time. I gotta go pee.

• Like 4

Phantom Regiment
MTS: movement technique/safety, C.: Costuming, PQ: performance quality

MTS: Missing some “give” or “softness” in plies before and after jumps. This is for safety! Duet around the horn solo is designed a bit flat, but performers are very strong. Great touch to the ground freebody sabers! YES TO FSL SABER CAUGHT ON CAMERA! EXCELLENT ENSEMBLE RIFLE CATCH! Eep, some inconsistency in the gesture leg on jumps. Many jumps are designed too small or quick to tell what the intention is. On lunges shapes, inconsistency as well… are we turned out? In? Straight on? This shape is held so this is important! Great extension in legs from shapes on props.

C.: Sequins plus unitard are a hard pass for me. That said, the flair of fabric down the body makes it better fir all body types, ty for at least that!

PQ: Some sharp movements on props to counter smoothness from corps, very nice. YAS! Caught a bit more performance quality from behind, very consistent sharpness and harshness from the guard. LOVE THIS! Okay, much more consistency in quality here in the ballad, makes sense. Kudos! Lil pitchy on those flag tosses at the end tho boo! You’re better than that! Who let you get away with that? 😉 Great ensemble rifles, friends! Flags, beautiful moving upper freebody under that toss! Excellent upper body extension. Still some turnin on your bottom/landing legs though, NOT SAFE! Lovely shaping in closing shape!

Well done, Phantom. Congrats!

• Like 2

Here's some Rondo time at the intermission. 

• Like 1

Aw. Tom Blair tribute.  

It kills me the licensing cost has ended the blue ray/digital media products.  

• Like 7