Blue Devils 2024 right before the storm

Should we return the favor and make this thread about the Bluecoats? :lle:

An organization, that I may add, I have nothing but respect and admiration for. No pettiness here 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Blue Devils learned a thing or two about the use of color from Bloo this year....

[there, i said it]

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Should we return the favor and make this thread about the Bluecoats? :lle:

An organization, that I may add, I have nothing but respect and admiration for. No pettiness here 

Bloo fans are among my favorites on DCP, along with BAC fans. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, flugelswerebugels said:

Pale Blue Dot? Sounds like a great opportunity for Space Chords in the show!

Space chords were played during the 2007 show, weren’t they?

• Like 1

I'm about to take my yearly hibernation from DCP until next summer but I just wanted to say that this year overall for DCI was really incredible. Everything was so enjoyable from top to bottom, probably the strongest year of drum corps shows since 2014 for me. 

BD 2023 won't go down as my favorite BD show of all time, but it's certainly up there because of just how well rounded of a show it was both musically and visually. If they truly are going for a trilogy, I am very excited to see what the last piece of the puzzle is next season and how they will tie in elements from the first two segments into the last one! 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm about to take my yearly hibernation from DCP until next summer but I just wanted to say that this year overall for DCI was really incredible. Everything was so enjoyable from top to bottom, probably the strongest year of drum corps shows since 2014 for me. 

BD 2023 won't go down as my favorite BD show of all time, but it's certainly up there because of just how well rounded of a show it was both musically and visually. If they truly are going for a trilogy, I am very excited to see what the last piece of the puzzle is next season and how they will tie in elements from the first two segments into the last one! 

Same here. It was a pleasure conversing and sharing ideas with ya'll. I must admit I won't be making a trip out to Laramie or Texas next year, although I did enjoy the former than the latter, but I look forward to the California shows as always. Stay healthy, and stay creative!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Stay well!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Spinastick said:

Would love to hear Blue Devils perform Pat Metheny's  "Have You Heard". It has the rhythmic intrigue and variett their music scores are known, stays true to their jazz roots. See an awesome live performance of this tune at the link below. 

https://youtu.be/tUfi1zSUkKY?si=vVCveJs9SK0pSwjV

I'm all for more Metheny on the field.  This is a great selection.  A modern take on First Circle would be an awesome callback for them to do too.

• Like 1

Also. would someone please get the guts to put this on the field

• Like 1