CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

5 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

But despite what you say you come off as the voice from the org and not just a concerned alum. I’m sure you aren’t trying to speak as the org but that’s what it seems like to me

I’m a longtime vet who’s been volunteering. Not an employee, not an alum assoc officer, not staff, was never any of those things. Understood.

Edited by DSpruce
Clarity

44 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

All of this is my research looking up other shut down non profits, and seeing the history of the DOJ notices. 

What is for certain is that I presume the DOJ will treat SCV like any two bit non compliant nonprofit that is annoying them. They won't treat them with DCI golden gloves. 

I think the DOJ warnings have been used up. 

So how lone do you think before DoJ hammer falls?   This is a CA State bureaucracy we are talking about.  

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So how lone do you think before DoJ hammer falls?   This is a CA State bureaucracy we are talking about.  

Time is of the essence:

https://nonprofitlawblog.com/california-laws-good-standing/

"...registration status will automatically be suspended if it (1) fails to file registration renewals for three consecutive years..."

Last one filed was 2021 according to charity registry. The rest of linked page describes suspension status.

28 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

I can feel Grandpa Joe’s reaction to this just trying to find a grip on some angle of attack

I've mentioned before several time, in several SCV threads that SCV was my introduction to this activity and was my first love in the activity. I'm not attacking the history. I'm not attacking anything. I'm simply calling a spade a spade. Many words can be used. "Joke" is one of them. VMAPA has made themselves into a laughingstock considering that they are the ones to blame for the situation they are in and refuse to acknowledge that. 

VMAPA is a joke.

The situation is a tragedy.

Key words can be switched. Board members can be changed. What's the likelihood of either? I can tell you right now that I can change my words before the board will ever admit they're what's wrong with the organization. I have a grip on my situation, nobody can say the same for VMAPA. That makes them a joke.

Every time you jump on here it's ONLY to defend the VMAPA organization. If you're not trying to represent the organization, why don't you comment in other threads? You only made an account to defend VMAPA. There's more to you than just an alumni or volunteer. I'd almost be willing to bet money on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Time is of the essence:

https://nonprofitlawblog.com/california-laws-good-standing/

"...registration status will automatically be suspended if it (1) fails to file registration renewals for three consecutive years..."

Last one filed was 2021 according to charity registry. The rest of linked page describes suspension status.

Thanks.  
I’m starting to get a feeling that the only ones here who will come out ahead are attorneys.  

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

There's more to you than just an alumni or volunteer. I'd almost be willing to bet money on it. 

How do you propose we resolve this? Will you promise not to further relay it and not to harass me personally if I DM you my actual identity and some support thereof?

Edit to add: Actually there is another DCP’er I think you trust who does know who I am, I am checking with that person on the side to see if they would not mind vouching via DM to you

Edited by DSpruce

1 minute ago, DSpruce said:

How do you propose we resolve this? Will you promise not to further relay it and not to harass me personally if I DM you my actual identity and some support thereof?

I don't need to know your identity. You just need to learn a few things.

You need to learn when to have a seat and stop claiming that people are making false claims when there really hasn't been any, considering all claims made by the OP have been fact checked with links and documents. Nobody cares that the reason the OPs post on Facebook wasn't approved was because a small bit of snark that was truly warranted.

You need to learn that when someone is calling the situation as they see it, something everyone has done in this thread and every other SCV thread, it's not an attack. It's an informed decision. The majority of folks on here don't post opinions on a whim unless it's about a corps show. We make well informed decisions and opinion, especially in these types of situations.

You need to learn how to converse civilly on a discussion board. You came in guns blazing. That's a simple fact. Each time you smell an SCV thread you come in guns blazing. Ever hear the old saying, "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar"? That definitely applies to this situation. Folks around here are more likely to listen to you and take you seriously if you take a calm and calculated approach instead of kicking the door down and start shooting accusations and personal attacks.

Finally, you need to learn that it's not on you to defend any organization.

What you can do is advocate for them through tough times, but you don't need to defend them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

well.....if I am SCV i don't wait to find out especially if someone puts it on the states radar

• Thanks 3