CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

11 hours ago, DSpruce said:

My own view only, skewed pro SCV as we all know because I love the org and the people in it deeply, is we’ll know when we know. I have faith. I don’t love the comms either. I apologize for what happened to the 2023 members. 

We feel both your love for this Corps, as well as your pain and frustration. You are not at fault. No apologies thus is necessary from you to the SCV members. However, nice gesture from you, and so noted.👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

What does this mean?

it's a hot mess without a lot of clarity or specifics

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

I have not been informed. Look, they found a reason they could latch onto to justify removal of a pubic record of the Department of Justice. 

Who has been informed is DCI. I gave them the DOJ letter last night too, and I showed them the letter being removed from the SCV controlled alumni forum this morning. They will have the same information to come to the same conclusion or not. 

Why do comments directed toward me with vulgarity on the SCV Alumni Association continue to be permitted? 

I'm not buying it. I don't think many others are either. 

are you talking about posts made here or elsewhere? on here if it you feel it's an issue hit the report button. the moderators have real lives and do not monitor the clock 24/7

40 minutes ago, Mr_Moto said:

Yet again asking, where is the information that the board treasurer resigned? I have not seen that, and can’t find it anywhere. Can you please share a link/screenshot/other information? I’m trying to stay informed on the subject.

I don't think SCV announces anything anymore. The last official news release was Aug. 4th. They were supposed to have a board meeting on the 28th and it sounds like it never happened.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I don't think SCV announces anything anymore. The last official news release was Aug. 4th. They were supposed to have a board meeting on the 28th and it sounds like it never happened.

Well, they did announce that they would have a new CEO in place by mid March. :whistle:

25 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Well, they did announce that they would have a new CEO in place by mid March. :whistle:

That’s not so much the issue for me personally. I understand CEO searches take time, and that the pay isn’t to scale with the amount of work demanded of these roles. My understanding is DCI had an offer out for a new CEO and that was declined. It may just be hard to find the quality right now. I also don’t remember ever really seeing any announcements about people leaving or joining the board, it’s not held to the same level of interest as CEO, corps director, and staff. 

Some transparency would be nice. I also understand that the board is really volunteer based, and they aren’t doing this full time, so you can’t expect new updates all the time. 

I’m just trying to be realistic in expectations. This has all been very frustrating to deal with, and I know that sentiment is shared with other alumni as well as the kids that were hoping to march with the corps in 23. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Been saying for a while now, SCV is not coming back for 24…. Or ever at the rate of things 

I said it the day it came out about debt. File for bankruptcy protection and dissolve the VMAPA and come back as a SCV non profit with a cadet group and rebuild the brand back to a world class group. Continuing to tread where they are at isn't going to get any better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DSpruce said:

Was told that the following message was provided: “Thanks for posting this Richard, though it goes against our guideline to Maintain a Productive Mindset. Please feel free to rephrase and repost so that this is a productive conversation. Thanks.” If that did not happen there was a mistake and I was misinformed.

“Maintain a Productive Mindset” reeks of meaningless low-grade HR-speak that is a cover for censoring any dialogue that doesn’t conform to the view of those currently in leadership at SCV. This has to be a distressing situation for anyone associated with SCV as it certainly is for anyone who is a fan and/or supporter of the activity. As much as I want to believe otherwise, as a past donor I have seen nothing to make me believe that VMAPA has the right people in place to bring the organization back to the field. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3