Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

3 hours ago, C.Holland said:

they had a decade of chances.  and they continuously blew it. 

but what's worse, is that many students are owed money.  and even before that debacle there are many students who were monetized to fund what was left before this collapse.  

cmon man.   they made the statement about honesty and transparency, and done much to exemplify these ideas.  

this is the bad ex, that needs rehab, but instead comes to live off of you. 

i thought they refunded the kids money last fall. pretty sure i have seen that several places now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I want to know where is DCI in all of this? They should stand up to SCV and say. Hold your horses. I wouldn’t trust a corps that was declared delinquent 2 times less than a month ago. Also last year all signs pointed to SCV competing and then after making money off of auditions, they said “welp, we aren’t competing”

BOD meets in 2 weeks i believe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

So, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but as an outside observer, it would seem to me that the one missing piece might be an official statement coming from DCI.  If I recall,  there were official statements issued by DCI after the decisions on Cadets, Pioneer,  Spirit,  etc.  Perhaps where this all came out today  and it is now the weekend, we might have to wait til Monday for a press release of some kind from DCI.  It would seem that is where we might learn about restrictions, limitations, and so on. I would be surprised if there were not some sort of conditions imposed on SCV in order for them to be approved for tour.

the thing with the examples above were due to member sfaety issues first and foremost.  whilee rumors abound about SCV on that, finances is what shut them down

1 hour ago, Bob984 said:

You seem to have "board level" knowledge on their up to the minute status......stating their current "predicament".  Also, if you announce your entire 2024 staff (and I highly doubt that they are working for free), that is a bit beyond "fancy marketing".  (Also, they can't just post names without securing a deal with each person) "A decade of blunders behind the scenes" could be a description of the vast majority of the top 25 corps....how those blunders are handled and put behind is the important part.  If they are in as dire shape as you imply, and do not follow through after this so-called "fancy marketing", that would likely be the end of the corps.  My guess is not only will they be on the field in 2024, but competitive, and especially competitive in percussion.

yes but will they bankrupt themselves out of existence to be competitive one last time?

i want them on the field and kicking ### too. but i want them to get fiscally sound and seriously overhaul governance. theres some good organizations in DCI to look at on how to get the behind the scenes #### in great shape...hell look right down the road

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Bob984 said:

Third party audits are not going to happen......who is going to pay for those???  Yes, they will have to answer to any governmental issues they may have.....to the government........everyone in the world can speculate where they stand there, but it is between the Vanguard and the agencies involved............DCI doesn't own or run any drum corps.........it is true that they may ask to review the corps to see if they are considered fiscally ok enough to tour and have done it in the past, but they are not looking to micromanage....if they did, we would be down to well under 10 world class corps.......

Yes, the Vanguard messed up in managing their fiscal house, and things blew up on them in a hurry.  However, I am not interested in seeing them (or ANY corps) thrown under the microscope in that regard.....I want them to survive........

Having hope is never a bad thing, even in the face of adversity.

no third party audits no sign off by the state. that was explained a while ago

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes but will they bankrupt themselves out of existence to be competitive one last time?

i want them on the field and kicking ### too. but i want them to get fiscally sound and seriously overhaul governance. theres some good organizations in DCI to look at on how to get the behind the scenes #### in great shape...hell look right down the road

down the road? Impulse? Ha ha ha!  Concord and Sacramento are north of Santa Clara, so they should be looking at both organizations up the road from them 🙂

9 hours ago, Hirsbrunner said:

SCV went full cavies bent leg in the early 2010s (might have been sooner) when a lot of Cavies vis staff joined. 

Gaines wasn’t at SCV until 2017

7 hours ago, Mr_Moto said:

They went bent leg in 2007, prior to Gaines.

I’m referring to the more pronounced Cavalier style bicycle step that became very apparent once Gaines came on board. 

5 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

down the road? Impulse? Ha ha ha!  Concord and Sacramento are north of Santa Clara, so they should be looking at both organizations up the road from them 🙂

i used a phrase, not a map. i live in Pennsyltucky. i'll be in Anaheim in July....my second trip ever to CA and i don't plan on leaving the property and venturing around.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

i used a phrase, not a map. i live in Pennsyltucky. i'll be in Anaheim in July....my second trip ever to CA and i don't plan on leaving the property and venturing around.

Anaheim is...rough, to say the least. You should go check out the old VK corps hall if you feel adventurous