Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

8 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

This corps expects everything to be resolved and rosey-cozy by the time tour season arrives? 

Maybe they are thinking that it looks like it will happen for The Big Guy and son by Nov. 24, why wouldn't it work for a "band".

7 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Thanks.

Have you peeped the new 2022 renewal filing? Of note are the new CFO's signature instead of the previous', the Bingo Director's address listed as the corps hall, and the VMAPA Texas Affiliate inclusion for the first time.

Yea, new little things happening, but it looks like a bunch of "no substantial data". 

14 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Here is the 2022 990, found it on an independent site that publishes things before the IRS makes if available (unaudited)  

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/237073438/202342899349302499/full  

I peeped that 10k bonus/incentive for the former CEO. I'm all about paying people (plural) adequately but this is a tough pill to swallow when they also indicated that the intent of the Texas Affiliate is to pay non-CA residents differently.

Or am I splitting hairs?

Just picking some 2022 balance sheet numbers. 

Cash    104,263
Savings    43,097
Investments    458,717

Acct Payable    653,964
Mortgage    139,039
Other Liabilities    907,785

The takeaway is accounts payable is greater than all liquid assets. 

The alumni were also given the impression the investments were not tapped. 

Another astronomical point of this is INVESTMENTS!!!!!!!!! is lower than the needed BINGO PAYROLL!!!!!!

Form Day-1 of FY2023 SCV never had the reserves to cover down on Bingo Payroll with even a questionable source of funds, especially in that current accounts payable is greater than Cash + Savings + Investments 

This is what SCV came after me for, this is why I was being censored. 

Now................... folks.................. I have a new validated data point. 

Now I know the starting point of FY2023. 
I know it's illegal to solicit donations. 
I know that SCV is technically starting with a negative liquidity position. 
I know reserves are not sufficient to even cover current liabilities let alone any payroll needs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Not sure whether that is more a picture of a train wreck or a dumpster fire.

Well, chronologically.................... since this is the close of FY2022 it's only a smoldering wreck by now. It happened a year ago. 

Edited by Richard Lesher

4 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Not sure whether that is more a picture of a train wreck or a dumpster fire.

Could be both - dumpster on fire on a wrecking train.  

We had a term for this in the military that I won’t type out as this is a family-friendly thread.  But the first word was cluster.  

• Like 1

IT IS NOW ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY THAT ILLEGAL DONATIONS EXCEED $1,000,000

Form 990 Part I Summary 

line 8 Contributions and grants (Part VIII, line 1h)

2020 - 171,194

2021 - 547,347

2022 - 457,855

Total Donations and Grants during the violation period is $1,176,396. Vanguard did not acknowledge its delinquent status until April 2023.

The last audited financial statements are for FY2019. The above numbers are from unaudited, but filed 990's. 

To counter this number as false one would need to present audited financial statements validating the sources of funds fell out of the sky unsolicited. Vanguard continues to maintain its online donation channels on its website. 

Edited by Richard Lesher